Squat Rack

Options
So I go to a small gym across the street from my office to work out on my lunch break. I've been using the Stronglift 5x5 program, mainly because I can do it in the allotted time and I like the theory behind the practice (I'm no newbie to lifting, I'm just tired of the BFS program I've done since high school & college football).

Anyway, I use that squat rack 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. There are only 2 in the gym. I adjust the height of the rracks each time I'm there for squats/deads/rows/overhead press depending on where I want to load the bar up. And each time I come back, it hasn't been adjusted. Not once. This has been going on for 4 weeks now.

I'm convinced that I am literally the ONLY one who uses that squat rack. :huh:

Replies

• bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'd do something absurd like put a roller pad way to one side of it and see if it is moved at all when you return.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    lol if they had one I'd try it. But I'm serious, I'll leave on a Friday, come back Monday, no changes. Makes me wonder...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Lucky! Sometimes it's a fight to get to use the one at my gym.
  • peuglow
    Options
    It's pretty dead there when I go (1:30 pm) I've never had to wait for anything.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    My gym is so small and empty, I can leave the barbell loaded up when I do deadlifts. I went on vacation for a week and when I came back the barbell was in the same place with the same amount of weight on it. I'm pondering quitting unloading it everytime I'm done with it, seems like a waste of time. 99% of the people that DO come in the gym are just cardio bunnies or they hit the machines.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    So I go to a small gym across the street from my office to work out on my lunch break. I've been using the Stronglift 5x5 program, mainly because I can do it in the allotted time and I like the theory behind the practice (I'm no newbie to lifting, I'm just tired of the BFS program I've done since high school & college football).

Anyway, I use that squat rack 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. There are only 2 in the gym. I adjust the height of the rracks each time I'm there for squats/deads/rows/overhead press depending on where I want to load the bar up. And each time I come back, it hasn't been adjusted. Not once. This has been going on for 4 weeks now.

I'm convinced that I am literally the ONLY one who uses that squat rack. :huh:

I'm seriously jealous my friend, consider yourself lucky. In mine the uprights and safety pegs are all over the board and sometimes not even securely in-place. I bumped the rack with my belt the other day and one fell off. Then the weight tree is so ridiculously unorganized it drives me nuts. LOL.
  • dougt333
    Options
    WOW...they're wasting their gym membership, or everybody is exactly your height. I'll take it if nobody there wants it.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Why are you squatting in my curl rack?

The pegs are only the same because I don't have to adjust them for my curls.
  • peuglow
    Options

lol what was I thinking!!! Of course, curls will hit ALL my major muscle groups!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

lol what was I thinking!!! Of course, curls will hit ALL my major muscle groups!

The way I do them, it's a full body curl, bend at the knee, even push up onto toes to get calf involvement. Sway for the hip flexors...

It's not much for biceps though, I have to do kipping pullups for those.