World of Warcraft?

Options
13»

Replies

• aremiw
    Options
    Been playing since the end of Vanilla, fell in love with the graphics and detail. I have 5 lvl 85 toons on Maelstrom Server, Guild: Avalon. SPriest, Feral Druid, Destruction Lock, Assassination Rogue, and a DK.

I like the new expansion just wish it was a longer quest line for the class.

When I met my husband (Aaeros) WoW was the catalyst to our relationship! ;D
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I play. I am enjoying mists. I am alliance on Auchindoun.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Played horde on Bronzebeard.

Then I grew bored, decided I wanted a life, and bailed.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Played since release, put on 45lbs, quit 2 years ago and have lost 43lbs....lol....

AH, those late night BGs with Coke and Cheetoes! Somewhere around here, I still have my PVP shirt with orange finger streaks from the cheetoes.

Now its just, *looks over his shoulder*, private servers :-P
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    At the time when I quit I had 3 level 70 toons (max level at the time was 70), all Horde, on an RPPvP server called Ravenholt. A BE Rogue named Hellion, an Orc Shaman named Warcry, and an Orc warrior named Kumite were all my "mains". I played the game exclusively for PvP and after 3 years of playing it finally dawned on me that WoW is not and never will be a viable game for people who play exlusively for PvP and hate the PvE/grinding aspect. The classes will never be balanced around PvP, and arenas ruined all other forms of PvP which were a lot more fun anyway.

Bear in mind i came to WoW from Ultima Online which I had played since back in the 1990s where the PvP was a lot more "real" in that when you died you lost all the gear/equipment/items you had on your person at the time. This made acquiring uber gear not as important because you'd eventually lose it anyway one way or another so everyone pretty much stuck exclusively with player crafted gear.

That brings the state of WoW at high levels: When you strip away all the mindless details, it's all about driving you to acquire more stuff. It's all about getting better gear, so that you can go someplace else to get better gear, so that you can go someplace else to get even better gear. There's no room for people who want to stop to actually play the game and take it all in, except at low to medium levels. How many people here played on PvP servers in Vanilla and BC and remember leveling through Stranglethorn Vale, where the focus of the game was not just to quest, but to survive amidst the constant alliance/horde trying to gank you (who were mostly all comparable levels to you so you stood a chance of defending yourself) WHILE getting your quests done? That to me was when the game was at its most fun. And once you got to high levels, especially max level, it all disappeared. It was no longer about survival from the constant threat posed by bloodthirsty players who were within your capacity to defend yourself from. Playing the game through that zone in pre-Cata WoW was. . . magical. But the magic was lost amidst everyone pushing to reach max level and experience mind numbingly boring endgame content against computer controlled opponents who don't even have an A.I. but rather it's a simple matter of remembering patterns and timings. Where's the fun or challenge in that?

In any case it doesn't matter anymore. The nature of MMOs makes them too time consuming when combined with a full time job to allow for a healthy lifestyle. At max level there is no way to play without devoting 3-4 hours minimum to the game everytime you sit down and that's just not conducive to healthy living. Getting rid of WoW and getting a motorcycle was the best thing I ever could have done.
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Been playing since the end of Vanilla, fell in love with the graphics and detail. I have 5 lvl 85 toons on Maelstrom Server, Guild: Avalon. SPriest, Feral Druid, Destruction Lock, Assassination Rogue, and a DK.

I like the new expansion just wish it was a longer quest line for the class.

When I met my husband (Aaeros) WoW was the catalyst to our relationship! ;D

So the real question is, "How did I win over my wife?" Answer: I geared her toon!
  • Endriena
    Options
    I was on BB also, Horde for the most part, but had a few Alli toons. I quit a while ago.
  • tisonc
    tisonc Posts: 58
    Options
    Bumping this thread.. So I play and when I return home I am looking for friends in the Augusta, GA area that play it would be nice to know some people out there to hang out with outside the game as well..

So anyone that plays WoW if you live around the Augusta, GA area hit me up please.

Chris
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My husband got me into it! Love the game! :)

Me too - sometimes I have breaks for a few months, but I always end up coming back to it!
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started playing in June of '05 and was totally addicted I don't think I ever canceled longer than a month until sometime during Wrath, but I really started giving up on it with cataclysm. A lot of my favorite areas were changed forever (I'm a altaholic, and a little OCD so I'm sad that some things were taken out of the game.) I don't really want to buy mists of pandaria so I guess that means I have to quit since I won't be able to play the next expansion without buying/playing through one I don't want first. It's kinda of a shame because it's still my favorite mmo.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I played for WoW for a few weeks after a 5 year stint on EQ.
    Couldn't really get into WoW, it didn't seem to have the same depth of player immersion that EQ had and I didn't like the cartoonish graphics.
    After Wow, I played Vanguard for a few months, then EQ2, currently playing Rift (Shatterbone server).
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love wow :) that doesn't make me a lazy nerd girl ^^...

Gaming and staying fit ^^
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I don't play anymore but I have played on illidan, korgath, khaz, aerie peak, alleria and a bunch of other servers while playing other folks toons. Played pretty much ever class except mage and rogue to either glad or in high end pve (My guild was top 10 US guild)

I played the first season (or was it second? I forgot) of MOP. It was meh at best. Just wasn't fun. PVE is extremely dead and boring. PVP was the only fun thing in there and even that is too easy now. And with rank 1s selling glads and duelist and 2200 etc its just not fun anymore.

I do miss making money from playing wow though. Most fun job ever! Getting paid upto $1500 a month for playing wow... not a bad paycheck for a college student eh?
  • Companero1
    Companero1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I play all the time and have several level 90 characters. Play PVP and team up with real life friends to do arenas. I never really get bored of it, but don't let it stop me going to the gym etc. I just play rather than watch TV.
    I find it very good on fasting days (doing 5:2) as it stops me thinking about eating.
    Good luck to all you wowers out there