What have you learned about yourself so far?

Options
18guyhornet
18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
For many one here the main goal is to loose so weight and get healthy as they progress toward their goals. I accomplished a big goal of mine this past weekend by completing the NorCal Tough Mudder (another story altogether). As the days, weeks and months go by we learn so much about ourselves. I've learned that i can always accomplish what I set my mind to, it's more fun to reach goals with supportive friends and I'm stronger - physically and mentally - than I give myself credit for.

What have you learned about yourself on this ride?

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Chicks dig me... except for my ex-wife. :happy:
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I have learned that the biggest obstacle in accomplishing most goals is myself. Once I am convinced I can do it, it gets done!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options

There is always one oddball exception to the rule :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've learned that calling myself lazy was an excuse to stay lazy. And I've learned that I can run just like I used to if I keep up what I've been doing.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a lot more than MFP would indicate for my height/weight/exercise schedule.

My colon HATES me if I don't eat grains even though I eat PLENTY of fiber reguardless.

I feel better when I eat between 25-35% of my calories from protein.

Of the large amounts of calories I need to eat to stay sane, they don't have to be "clean"; I can handle some junk and be just fine (this took me a while to accept).

Refeed days don't hinder progress and recharge me.

My body is awesome if I listen to it. When I actually listen to it, I undereat not overeat, so that's a HUGE positive. I'd rather it be that way.

My chest doesn't grow well when my upper back isn't being hit equally as hard. I had problems with size/strength in my chest relative to other areas earlier in my lifting days, and compared to now, my back was very weak. Apperently my body likes symmetry.

When fed right and exercising properly, my body's tendency is to be bulky and moderately lean. In other words I wasn't genetically challanged like I liked to think of myself when I was heavier.

I'm not flexible at all, but (knock on wood) I've also never had any major injuries with joints, bones, or ligaments even though I've stayed active.

Also, I can't type weigh without adding a t and I can't type exercise without adding a c after the x...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I learned i can stick out my tongue and touch my nose
  • 18guyhornet
    Options
    I have to eat a lot more than MFP would indicate for my height/weight/exercise schedule.

My colon HATES me if I don't eat grains even though I eat PLENTY of fiber reguardless.

Of the large amounts of calories I need to eat to stay sane, they don't have to be "clean"; I can handle some junk and be just fine (this took me a while to accept).

My body is awesome if I listen to it. When I actually listen to it, I undereat not overeat, so that's a HUGE positive. I'd rather it be that way.

My chest doesn't grow well when my upper back isn't being hit equally as hard. I had problems with size/strength in my chest relative to other areas earlier in my lifting days, and compared to now, my back was very weak. Apperently my body likes symmetry.

When fed right and exercising properly, my body's tendency is to be bulky and moderately lean. In other words I wasn't genetically challanged like I liked to think of myself when I was heavier.

I'm not flexible at all, but (knock on wood) I've also never had any major injuries with joints, bones, or ligaments even though I've stayed active.

Also, I can't type weigh without adding a t and I can't type exercise without adding a c after the x...

Wow! Love the way you put all that - you definable learned a lot about YOU. Nice!!!
  • 18guyhornet
    Options

Wow! Love the way you put all that - you definable learned a lot about YOU. Nice!!!

Ha! I learned I can't friggin type worth ****! "definitely"!
  • karynspeace
    Options
    I've learned that I REALLY live in a REALLY small town! The MFP world is so awesome and supportive... and quite educational. There is always something out there to be learned, whether it is diet, exercise, or various definitions of "vanilla". You all make me smile!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I learned enough is as good if not better than a feast... and that applies to a lot of "things" in my life.
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That I thoroughly love tracking what I eat and the exercise that I do!
  • ShaunnaTroop
    Options
    Ha!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I learned that I can lose weight eating a balanced diet of "normal" foods, but that I need to keep up the protein if I want to keep from feeling hungry. I also learned that for me, it is better to give up sugary treats than to try to eat just a little. After several months, I don't even think about candy.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    that love will find you in the most unexpected places!!!! and I am happy about that! :D
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That if I don't watch myself, I'll get lost.
  • BriHealthy150
    BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That I really can do anything if I set my mind to it. :)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I am capable of more than I thought I was, That I CAN do this. I learned that the only person who can stop me is myself.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    That I enjoy green peppers and fresh fruit more than I like greasy burgers and pizza! And that I am not stuck with what I have, if I work hard enough to change it.
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I waste a lot of time making excuses....

I've also learned that I have the power to tell myself to shut up and Just Do It already!!!
  • IzzyBmydog
    IzzyBmydog Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you John.