Another work luncheon??

Options
Although once fun...now I find myself dreading them!! {insert horror music here}

I can remember a few years back when I was on a strict (but successful) health kick one of my coworkers told me there was talk that my notable weight loss (30 lbs) was due to starving myself since I never ate at the luncheons. Harsh!!! I remember thinking that these were probably the same people that would talk about me for being fat if I DID eat. I eventually began avoiding them altogether and continued with my great success.

Now I'm back in the same boat except now I am pretty much required to attend as I am the hostest (job required). Sometimes I eat with the group...sometimes I don't. I'm really lucky if there's a salad. Today for instance, we had lunch catered in. The lunch consisted of a mixed green salad w/fruit, chicken pasta, green beans, spinach, rolls, and assorted variety of desserts. Not bad...but I had to tweak it a little. I filled half my plate with salad (using my own FF ranch) ditching the fruit (staying away from all sugar at the moment) and added a small pouch of tuna, the other half was green beans & spinach. I am FULL!!

So although I was seemingly prepared today, this is not always the case. Those unprepared days are the ones I fear everyone staring at me wondering why isn't she eating!!!

How do you all handle this sort of thing??

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Our luncheons are almost always at restaurants, so I look up the menu and decide what to get before we go. If it's catered in, I usually bring my lunch and eat it at my desk beforehand, then fill my plate with lettuce or something and hope nobody notices. Sometimes we get those box lunches, and I eat a couple bites of everything. Mostly people don't pay attention if you don't make a big deal about it; it's just like nursing a drink at a bar, as long as you HAVE one people assume you're actually drinking it and don't notice it's the same one you've had for the last three hours.
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Our luncheons are almost always at restaurants, so I look up the menu and decide what to get before we go. If it's catered in, I usually bring my lunch and eat it at my desk beforehand, then fill my plate with lettuce or something and hope nobody notices. Sometimes we get those box lunches, and I eat a couple bites of everything. Mostly people don't pay attention if you don't make a big deal about it; it's just like nursing a drink at a bar, as long as you HAVE one people assume you're actually drinking it and don't notice it's the same one you've had for the last three hours.

Ha...great ideas! Thanks!