My Mini Milestones

Options
My goal started with wanting to fit into a special dress. On my way to that goal, I'm experiencing mini-milestones. They're not really mini - they are maxi, but they are the milestones that lead to my first goal. So here's my mini for this week...

Doctor's appointment Monday for the big check up. I hate the appointments because my doctor always gives me the "tsk-tsk" look and speech. But not Monday. I was down 15 pounds! I was feeling good and looking good and got kudos from the doc. My BMI was no longer that ego-busting "OBESE" label.

And when my results came back on Tuesday, my A1C was only FANTASTIC and cholesterol AWESOME! Not to mention how beautiful my skin is looking from all this water I'm drinking.

Ahh, the mini-milestones - nice :happy:

What's your mini-milestone?

Replies

• alsi602
    alsi602 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is awesome!

My mini-milestone is last week I had to pack for a vacation. Well, I decided that I would dig deep into my closet and pull out some things I couldn't wear before and when I tried them on THEY FIT! Even things I thought I needed to lose more to get into! I cannot even tell you how awesome it felt.

In my closet scavanging hunt I also pulled out two pairs of jeans that were a bit tight when I tried them on, but they are put aside now and I am trying them on every week to measure how far I've come. Every morning I think of those two jeans...and every morning they motivate me to get up and do my best. :happy:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Glad your health is really shaping up too! and 15lbs lost is amazing! Keep up the great work! :)
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My mini milestone was this weekend. I was able to put on a ring my husband gave me while we were dating. I haven't been able to wear it in about 8 to 10 years. I have now gone down a ring size. I knew my wedding band he got me last year was getting bigger but didn't realize I had gone down a whole ring size.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My mini-milestone is that my son called down to me in the basement and asked me to move my car, because I was blocking him in. Without thinking, I RAN up the stairs to do that. For a long time, I haven't run anywhere-- but it was fine, I wasn't out of breath, my feet didn't hurt, I didn't think my legs would collapse, or anything.
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love reading about people's great doctors' visits... always brings a smile to my face :)

My mini-milestone: Carried 6 bags of groceries up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment... and it didn't even phase me. Crazy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!