So today without actually meaning to...

Options
2»

Replies

• RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    Haha, that's great. If it's the only one in there you'ld think that he would have just given it up before that point any way with what he had been working.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't do cardio. I climb.

I assumed your avi is from a color run. Is there such a thing as color climbing contests? :wink:

It's from the Holi celebrations in March. Good colour ambushing fun to celebrate the start of spring.

I might wet myself with excitement if I found a colour climbing contest.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I don't do cardio. I climb.

I assumed your avi is from a color run. Is there such a thing as color climbing contests? :wink:

It's from the Holi celebrations in March. Good colour ambushing fun to celebrate the start of spring.

I might wet myself with excitement if I found a colour climbing contest.

I'll prop a ladder against a tree in my back yard and spray you and anyone else who wants to compete with organic food coloring
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think I vaguely understood that, if only from what I remember from gym class in high school... LOL... I do occasionally use a free lifting set of weights at home when I am working out. Right now I have 25 pounds on it. I have to lift 40 pound bags of solar salt a lot at my job, though and that is a joy... I am improving, though, :)
  • rinnismom
    Options
    i have no idea what that manly lingo meant but, boy, what a view!

hiker/biker myself. i have a weight machine that i use regularly but i just know what moves i need to do and leave the rest to the pros like you.

:smile:
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    i have no idea what that manly lingo meant but, boy, what a view!

hiker/biker myself. i have a weight machine that i use regularly but i just know what moves i need to do and leave the rest to the pros like you.

:smile:

LOL@my noobness being called pro
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Metaphorically speaking dude ran a wanna be ferrari off the road who was going 55 in the fast lane...

Lol. I don't know the exact weight of the attached bar in the rack. My flying guess is 20-30 lbs and dude was flat benching with MAYBE 25 on each side after pyramiding up? I can't imagine what he woulda curled in there. And no I don't judge people for how heavy they lift. In this particular case though... Just sayin...

ROFL--I can do more than that, and I'm not particularly strong.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yay for you :D
    And yay for me actually understanding what you said :P
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    LOL Loving these responses!

Good job on taking back the squat rack! I would never even consider doing bicep curls on that. We have lots of other bars that can be used.

Can you come to my gym and teach people some lessons about sharing too? What my gym needs is a 2nd Smith Machine as well as a 2nd Squat Rack, those things are ALWAYS being used when I want them.
  • Determinednoob
    Options

Good job on taking back the squat rack! I would never even consider doing bicep curls on that. We have lots of other bars that can be used.

Can you come to my gym and teach people some lessons about sharing too? What my gym needs is a 2nd Smith Machine as well as a 2nd Squat Rack, those things are ALWAYS being used when I want them.

Don't hate me for suggesting instead that your gym needs to get rid of the one Smith machine and replace it with a power rack ;)
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My gym needs an enforcer of all rules. One of the manager's is working hard on it, but people are still so disrespectful to rules. Hardly anyone racks their weights when done--which is really discourages women from using free weights. Even though I can pick up a 45 lb weight--I shouldn't have to multiple times, but more importantly, many women at my gym can't easily pick one up.

Right now the manager is having to focus on people bringing friends in without a membership card and other people bringing their bratty, destructive kids up there at night.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    Well this is more of a widely accepted but not 100% agreed upon and not included in the real rules type rule.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My hero!!!

curls-in-the-squat-rack.jpg
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Options

Don't hate me for suggesting instead that your gym needs to get rid of the one Smith machine and replace it with a power rack ;)

I don't hate. We have one of those too and I don't use the smith machine for things that I could do on the power rack (you might get mad at me for the things I do on the smith machine, lol). Funny thing is, not too many people use the power rack.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Options
    My gym needs an enforcer of all rules. One of the manager's is working hard on it, but people are still so disrespectful to rules. Hardly anyone racks their weights when done--which is really discourages women from using free weights. Even though I can pick up a 45 lb weight--I shouldn't have to multiple times, but more importantly, many women at my gym can't easily pick one up.

Right now the manager is having to focus on people bringing friends in without a membership card and other people bringing their bratty, destructive kids up there at night.

No one ever racks their weights at my gym and no one's ever said anything about it. For me it's not a big deal because I can easily move the 45 lbs weights, but I can see how that'd be hard for some. I do think it's common courtesy to put away what you've used though.
  • Determinednoob
    Options

No one ever racks their weights at my gym and no one's ever said anything about it. For me it's not a big deal because I can easily move the 45 lbs weights, but I can see how that'd be hard for some. I do think it's common courtesy to put away what you've used though.

Yeah I think they teach that in pre school these days
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Story sounds false. True squat rack curlers don't get "chased off". As a matter of fact, a true Rack Curler's mere presence is intimidating to those around him, and other lifters will wait meekly for their turn to use the equipment, or scurry to the far corners of the gym to find another way to tone their pathetic, scrawny little legs.

Tell the truth Noob. You dreamed up this story while using the abductor/adductor machine, all the while sheepishly peeking over your shoulder to get a glimpse of a Real Man.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    Story sounds false. True squat rack curlers don't get "chased off". As a matter of fact, a true Rack Curler's mere presence is intimidating to those around him, and other lifters will wait meekly for their turn to use the equipment, or scurry to the far corners of the gym to find another way to tone their pathetic, scrawny little legs.

Tell the truth Noob. You dreamed up this story while using the abductor/adductor machine, all the while sheepishly peeking over your shoulder to get a glimpse of a Real Man.

sumbeech i has been busted! gotta tone my thighs bro...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say here Noob. I'm quite offended that you keep referring to me as a man, and that you chased me out of the power rack and are making fun of my bench press lifts. It was pretty rude, I'm not even that manly, and I was wearing a skirt! I was just trying to get my swole on- C'mon brah!!