Athlete's Foot... on Breasts...?

Options

Replies

• amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    problem with having big breasts is the risk of getting rashes there all that moisture/dark is a perfect area for bacteria/fungal infections.

I had it there before and those over the counter items didn't seem to do too much(would work a day or two and get worse)!! I kept trying to take care of it myself, and it just kept getting worse. Eventually i went to the doctor gave me a antiviral/cortisone like topical cream and it worked well. So please don't be shy, get a cream from a doctor if you feel the over the counter stuff isn't working! turns out mine was more of a viral based issue. It takes a good while to cure it the longer you wait and you need to be aggressive! :)

I would also suggest making sure you wash your bras constantly so you won't reinfect yourself and keep that area dry too =) feel better
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a recurrent fungal infection on my chest which peaks when I get stressed or exercise too much. It looks like little white heads.

Shower after exercise (or at least wipe off and dry out) and go see a dermatologist or a doctor. It does happen and they give out much better drugs that will actually fix the problem.
  • amsohs85
    Options
    Yes you can get a yeast rash between and under your breasts....it fairly common. The bigger you are and the more active you are the more moisture collects in that area. Over the counter ointments for jock itch, vaginal yeast infection and athletes foot can be used to treat it. But if the rash is all over and or keeps returning you should see a doctor. Sometime you can have a yeast overgrowth in your body which causes this. I did have a friend who got a yeast infection on the front of her breasts and her nipples while breast feeding because of excessive leakage and not keeping her breast pads changed frequently.

Also if you use a powder to keep dry be careful what you use. Yeast bacteria thrive on the ingredients in some. The best powder to use is Caldasene. Its a little pricey but does come in generic form.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It is a yeast rash.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem off and on. Lamasil should take care of it. You can either buy it in a spray or cream. Use it a couple times a day until it's gone!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone talkng about this - and, of course, I can't talk to anyone IRL about this! But I seem to be getting athlete's foot on my boobs. They are on the large size (DDs) and I keep them buttoned up tight in a bra all day. I use an exercise bra while working out and a normal bra during the other times. I can only imagine that I have the same fungus that causes athlete's foot because when I use the medicine I seem to get some relief.

Is this my imagination or has anyone else experienced this?

It could be ringworm which also looks like atheletes foot, ringworm can be caught with animals etc
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    New laundry soap or shower soap? Sports bra might have some bacteria on it that isn't coming out in the wash. Not rinsing enough in the shower.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    nystatin cream will take care of the problem. they also make a powder but it's by prescription only. pretty much any cream designed for yeast infection will clear it up. keep it as dry as possible, even if you need put wash clothes or some such under each breast to absorb excess moisture.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. Just use an anti-fungal (athlete's foot cream) and it'll go away. Try not to hang out in your wet sports bra or anything and sleep topless at night. It'll go away in less than a week. If it doesn't go to the dr and they'll give your Rx strength stuff.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you should probably see a physician and not treat it by yourself they will prescribe an oral med and a powder which will work much better
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing and it is a yeast infection. You can get some Nystatin cream from your doctor and it clears up really well
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    athletes foot is just a fungal infection... you can really get it anywhere. Lots of people get fungal infections in skip flaps, under the belly, boobs, wherever.
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Look into something called Tinea Versicolor. Its a skin fungus most commonly picked up at gyms.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is my new favourite thread.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone talkng about this - and, of course, I can't talk to anyone IRL about this! But I seem to be getting athlete's foot on my boobs. They are on the large size (DDs) and I keep them buttoned up tight in a bra all day. I use an exercise bra while working out and a normal bra during the other times. I can only imagine that I have the same fungus that causes athlete's foot because when I use the medicine I seem to get some relief.

Is this my imagination or has anyone else experienced this?

absolutly. I also had this before. I just thought it was heat rash. Use lotrimin cream or (if you can - use it spray) I cant use the spray because of my COPD. You can get the generic for $4 at walmart. Twice a day for two weeks. You can also use Gold Bond Powder for keeping it dry, or cornstarch.

Wash your bras seperately, in hot water with a little clorox (or clorox 2) to make sure you arent spreading it.. and if you have a partner, duing "whoohaa" times.. keep a shirt on. Its contageous.

Good luck!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ahletes foot is a fungal infection. Fungus likes warm wet spot like under the breasts. Doc will prescribe ya some nystatin powder and it will clear. Air the girls out at night. Wash under them pat dry and let them be free.. you can also get otc antifungal creams
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    Yep everyones got this one right.. been there many times! yeast/athletes/fungal infection under and between the breasts is really common for me. smells funky and itches! Wash really well (not with a pouf) and powder, deodorant, tea tree oil, or over the counter antifungal it up. I have used them all and at different times some work better than others. Feeling your pain, glad you asked someone but if it continues do contact your doc. Feel better
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My diabetic mother gets this all the time. It's a yeast infection. Because her blood sugar is high on occasion, the fungus/yeast really likes it and spreads. It's worsened by a higher blood sugar and occurs when there is moist skin-to-skin contact, such as under her boobs and her stomach "apron." There are several anti fungal medications that you can get, but if it's a large area, call and get a Rx for it. It will go away faster. There are creams and powders available by Rx. Have you had your blood sugar checked lately? :flowerforyou:
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Is it truly a rash or is it from chafing? I know when I run for a long time I will sometimes chafe. If it is a fungal infection you can actually use Monistat (yes, that Monistat for yeast infections). If it is chafing use glide.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I get yeast infections under my breasts also. I'm between a B and C, not really all that big, but it happens to women of all sizes. I've even seen it in my underarms. I usually use the OTC cream and that takes care of it, but I'm going to try tea tree oil that another MFP-er posted about. I use that on my scalp mostly, but I'll give it a try. Can't hurt - might help! :wink: