ATTENTION: successful weight loss people!

Options
13»

Replies

• tiffanympm
    Options
    I love how I'm not the only one who had this one moment where clarity happened and was like... Its time.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This post/thread was exactly what I needed...I have been stuck at 35 lbs. lost for a month and starting to entertain thoughts of just staying put at this weight. Have 7 lbs. left to lose. Back in May, I started workouts 4 t o 6 times per week for an 8 week program and it just clicked. Husband was hesitant to agree to my signing up for a year at the end of the 8 weeks, and I looked him in the eye and said, "I got up at 5:30 AM ALL SUMMER (I'm a teacher) when I could have kept my fat butt in bed. You don't think I can get up at 4:15 during the school year?! I can do this." He relented, and with no exception, I have continued to work out 4-6 times per week since school started. That switch has flipped, and while I have struggled in the last month with the intake valve, I am going to stick with it and DO this. When I reach my goal, I will weigh what I did when I got married in 1991~ Thanks for the inspiration to the OP and all others who have shared your committment on this thread!!!!!!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    What a great post and attitude.

For me? I was scared into this shiznit getting serious. My doctor told me I was pre-diabetic and destined for heart failure. WOOOP WOOOOOOOOP ALARM BELLS. Nothing like the prospect of dying before your Mum to get you to take things seriously.

That thought kept me going during the initial 'this is so hard, why is this so hard, did I mention it's so hard' moments in the beginning. But as time went on, I started doing it because I WANTED to, because it felt good. Because I believe I could do it - must more positive reasons.
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YES. absolutely it clicked for me too! I've lost weight several times, but never gotten to my goal weight or to the point that I really felt great about my body. I used to lose weight for a specific future event like vacation or a wedding. I am not doing that anymore, I am doing this for ME and to be healthy and to prove to myself that I can do it. For once in my life I want to look how I imagine myself and be happy and comfortable with my body...and this time its happening :) good luck on your journey
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT! You really can do this.
  • kkschelle66
    Options
    That is EXACTLY how i felt.... it was crazy to wake up one morning and think OMG... i dont care what it takes how much i complain about eating healthy (i knew that was the hardest yet most important part) and how many excuses i could think of to stay out of the gym.
    I commited myself to a 4day/week bootcamp and cleaned up my eating. in 8 months i dropped 30 lbs and about 35 inches :) it CAN be done and finding those who support you and/or have the same goals is crucial!!

If you need any help or encouragment, I'm gladly here for you!

Git it girrrlllll :)
  • dw4378
    Options
    Thank you, thank you!! I needed to read this today and it hit home! I embarked on this weight loss journey AGAIN for the 100th time I think and ready to make that change.. I don't know what exactly happens but I just know that I am ready and want to feel/look good for me. Def this weight loss thing requires patience and I try to remind myself everyday of that.. See you at the finish line!!

Feel free to add me.

BUMP!!
  • rythmless
    rythmless Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can relate as well. There wasn't really any specific event or realization - I just used to lay in bed at night, feeling how miserable I was in my own skin. I told myself every night that it was time to handle this. I didn't really yoyo - I just never really started.

Then one day I did - a little bit at a time.I don't know why - kinda like Forrest Gump - "I just felt like running." I saw results, worked a little harder, saw more results.

7 moths and 140lbs later, I eat 1200 calories a day and work out/hike at least 3 times a week and will never look back. My active lifestyle is so much better than what I did before that I can't imagine going back.
  • PDLUCKY
    PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am with you and my story is similar I was a large baby at birth and stayed large my entire life. I was the fat kid in school and the obese adult and now I am still trying to wrap my head around not being that person anymore. Due to my arthritis in my knee I made this change that you are talking about and I will never go back. The heavisest I saw on the scale was 295 lbs. Now I am at 180. I still have work to do and hope someday I will be able to take my shirt off in public and not feel bad about how I look. One thing is for sure I will never go back!

9-7faceVsSouthCarolina.jpg

Heaviest or pretty close.
    HeavyWeight.jpg

Around 184 and a healthy BMI.
    CameraZOOM-20120907124721575.jpg
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am with you and my story is similar I was a large baby at birth and stayed large my entire life. I was the fat kid in school and the obese adult and now I am still trying to wrap my head around not being that person anymore. Due to my arthritis in my knee I made this change that you are talking about and I will never go back. The heavisest I saw on the scale was 295 lbs. Now I am at 180. I still have work to do and hope someday I will be able to take my shirt off in public and not feel bad about how I look. One thing is for sure I will never go back!

9-7faceVsSouthCarolina.jpg

Heaviest or pretty close.
    HeavyWeight.jpg

Around 184 and a healthy BMI.
    CameraZOOM-20120907124721575.jpg

Wow, Congratulations on your success. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing them with us.
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    One thing I've always told people, when your ready and its in your head...nothing will stop you. I specifically remember the day I had finally wanted it just like you. It can and will happen. It will take time. Will it be hard...you may have your days. Will it be fun...yes, rewarding...yes...worth it...... Absolutey!!! Just Never, Never give up. This is your new way of life....not something your just doing to lose the weight. Because you will want to be healthy for life. :)

Thanks so much! Very encouraging words.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!