How do I enter "Jillian Michaels" into exercise?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm guessing Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred is pretty popular among MFP members. If so, how do you enter it into your exercise for the day?

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If you have a heart rate monitor creating your own exercise is definitely the way to go. Otherwise I noticed that a friend of mine without a hrm who was also doing the shred was entering it as circuit training, and compared to my hrm reading our cals burned were pretty similar.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I list it under "circuit training, general."
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Watch out though if you're eating back your exercise calories. I was logging it as circuit training and it was telling me 300 cals. I used a HRM and got the true burn of 145. That's a pretty big difference if you're eating those back every single day.
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do extreme shed by her . I just Google how many calories that program burned and it tells you how much. It has a section that you can log in a exercise that they don't list. So I put in the amount that the site said that the program burns and that's how I log it every night.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training, general, 25 minutes.
  • sionnain
    Options
    i'm 5'1" and 103 lbs and my heart rate monitor clocks the 30DS level 1 around 125-150 calories. i created my own exercise based on this.
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30DS tomorrow and was wondering the same thing! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good hrm?
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30DS tomorrow and was wondering the same thing! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good hrm?

A lot of people use Polar brand but i don't have that kind of money. I use the new balance duo HRM Here's a link for one. http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Sport-Heart-Monitors/dp/B00605HPKM

Also, when i didn't have a HRM i would log under circuit training and it was pretty close to the HRM.