Heard of EODD?

Options
I hope it is okay to talk about different approaches to losing the weight. I certainly wouldn't want to get banned! I am not promoting it, but have tried some of it. I searched on this forum to see if there was any other topic on it....but couldn't find it. I apologize if I didn't look long enough.

It is "every other day diet". Not that I like the word "diet" in there. But I was wondering if anyone else had implemented any of their techniques or not. It is basically eating less calories one day and regular the next. It keeps your metabolism confused. (which has always made sense to me) You know how you feel after you have been out dancing the night before and didn't eat a lot? You somehow "feel" more slender? I'm starting to feel like that more regularly now. I also use SNAPP. It helps me keep on track on those lower calorie days. Shake (for breakfast), Nuts (for snack) Apple (2 for the day) P (high protein meal) and P (lots of produce, especially green).

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this or if you have tried it and your results.

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this known as "zig zagging calories" - I've scanned thru articles but never really looked into. I guess I am interested but not that interested lol. Maybe once I come to a plateau I made use it as an option. I don't know. I've heard that it works for a lot of people though.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    right, it's ok, I don't have a problem with it. I don't know that it's absolutely necessary, but if it's what works for someone, more power to ya!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I guess it would depend on your definition of eating "regularly" one day? hahaha...if regular is a 5,000 calorie day then I think you could eat healthy every other day and I dont see that working out!hahaha....I personally have never tried that, but, I do have days where i eat a little more than I personally normally would and I dont see my weight fluxuation cause of it, but good luck, let us know how that works out. Do you plan to exercise as well? Cause I think as long as you add fitness to even a normal lifestyle you'll see changes for sure!
  • weebles
    weebles Posts: 50
    Options
    I am DEFINATELY exercising! I mainly use the SNAPP as a rule of thumb for myself. I love having the shakes in the morning as I do daycare for 10 children and don't have time to sit down much to eat. At least I am getting my daily nutrition that I need. I also don't feel so restricted when I know that every other day I can have a little extra in my meal plan. (which I normally decide I don't need) Guess I'm just tricking my brain. I have been taking care to plan out healthy meals for my husband and I and have been making my own healthy recipe book. I was just curious if anyone else had tried this method or some parts of it.