Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you get out of the plateau?

Hello! I started on here over a year ago. I Started at 140pds ht 5'6in, I am more muscularly built and curvy. I left high school at 132pds and looked and felt great! My goal is to get down to 130pds. I was at 132pds in January when I found out I had to cut out all dairy from my diet due to my intolerence from it. By then end of my senior semester I left at 134pds. I then relocated for graduate school and from there I am back to 140pds and extremely frustrated!! I know these few pounds should not be a big deal, but when my jeans are telling me something, it's a problem. I eat healthy regular meals and have cut down on my drinking since leaving undergraduate school. My only problem is I am finding it difficult to get a workout schedule in with Graduate School and Work. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get out of this plateau/funk I'm in?!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Your calorie goal seems way too low for someone trying to lose only 10 pounds. Should be at 0.5 pounds a week loss, MAYBE 1 pound a week loss. Not more.

Your food choices suck. One day you had 40% of your calories from cookies and popcorn!

Your protein intake should nearly double what you have now.

Your sugar intake is quite high in relation to other food choices (again due to poor food choices).

Pick up some weight training if you can.