Girls Night Out! Alcohol anyone??

bambi5014
bambi5014 Posts: 79
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
A "MFP" friend posted that she was worried about her willpower while going out tonight with friends for a birthday celebration. They were going out for drinks and dinner.

My advice to her was to: try to order diet coke with a light rum like bacardi for a mixed drink, and stick to light beer such as that new 64 calorie one or Ultra beer with low carbs. A glass or two of wine shouldn't be too harmful, I think either.

As far as dinner my recommendation was to try to order a kids or lunch portion instead of a dinner portion. And a neat trick that I have been using is to take along in my purse, a 1 cup measuring cup, and try to only eat what would fit inside it. Thought I would pass along these tips. The main idea of course is still to enjoy life, food and drinks.. all within MODERATION of course. Hope these are helpful to others as well. Good luck on your weight loss journey all! <3

Replies

• Also: kind of a no-brainer, but the 1 cup measurement of food while out to eat, applies only to healthier choices of entrees, not desserts!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Well, a few months ago, when I was actually using my personal trainer, he recommended vodka and tonic. I told him my poison of choice was vodka and he said that with tonic was considered a "guilt-free drink", in comparison.

As far as the wine, the nutritional breakdowns of foods on MFP seem to be in line with the points on Weight Watchers and half-yes, I said half- is worth 4 points! The average lunch should be about 7 points and the average dinner is usually 13 points (for me). So 1/2 a glass of wine equals about half of my lunch! No thank you!!!!!

Also, consider dancing the night away! That will definitely help burn your drinking calories. Plus, its a fantabulistically fun workout!
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    My trainer recommends liquor and diet drinks or vodka and sugar free red bull. :) I really like the vodka and sugar free red bull.
This discussion has been closed.