Gym or home workout

Options
13»

Replies

• Malody
    Malody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like option 3 - running or biking outside. Failing that, however, the gym it is. I just can't get into the workout mood at home.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Home--I can do my routine whenever I want and don't have to wait to use the equipment. But I have to keep upgrading to heavier weights, and they're not cheap. And I have been slacking in my weight routine for a few weeks so I've had to go back down--that'll buy me some time before I need to spring for the next set.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I enjoy both for different reason. I like the gym because it's a different place & i can focus. i like lifting weights at home because i don't have all those bulk men im intimidated by looking at me lifting these 10 lbs like im not doing much. lol
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Both. Gym for cardio and strength, but I like doing pilates/yoga/stretching in the privacy of my own home :p
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Gym. I unfortunately don't have the space for a rack, and don't currently own enough plates to push myself.

I love my gym though. 10-12 minute bike ride away (just enough to warmup), decent equipment, and is usually almost empty. I think the most people I've seen at one time is like... 9. And that includes 2 trainers and the receptionist.
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    the gym!!! i love the people at my gym =] plus, the body builders there are quick to give tips and help others out. everyone is friendly. for me, it's motivational to be around others while they're hard at work.
  • kraebear
    Options
    Home! I work out in the basement and jog around our neighborhood.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Home! I have a great gym in my garage. One bay is fully framed in with a padded floor and all the equipment I need. Adjustable bench with cage, lat tower with all the attachments, olympic bar, curl bar, 400+ lbs of plates, d. bells, flat bench and 3 nice pieces of cardio. I have an iPod docking station for the weight area and a surround sound system with DVD and tv with cable for the cardio area. It's completely painted and decorated the way I like it; mostly Marine Corps, firefighter and cop memorabilia.

No waiting for equipment, no nasty sweat (that isn't mine) to wipe off, and best of all, if I want someones opinion, I can come here or check the net.

It cost me about what 3-4 years worth of club memeberships would cost and it's all paid for; no monthly dues. All I do is walk 20 feet to my garage, slide the pocket door open, turn on my music and have at it. It's a great place to be!

Can I come work out at your house? lol

I used to like the gym when I was younger and more confident. Now that I want to start lifting again, I'm terrified of the guys in the weight section. I don't know why. No one has ever been mean to me. I guess it's just a social anxiety thing. So as soon as I can I'm going to invest in the equipment I need for my house.
  • allisonism
    allisonism Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love running on the treadmill. But I can't afford a gym or a treadmill... I've been running outdoors everyday for the past few weeks, and am starting to appreciate it.