weight

alymarphi
alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
ok last thursday my scale said 160 on monday my friends scale said 180 and the doctors scale yesterday said 164 and today my scale said 156??? so should i just keep going by mine or idk what to do...

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I go by mine as a general guide, though i know it weighs me about 5 pounds lighter than i actually am.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Every scale is different (dumb, I know)

Its recommended that you weigh yourself on the same scale every time and on the same day of the week at the same time. I know it sucks to wait a week if you know you've had progress, but for instance, I feel great about what I have been eating but I jumped on the scale last night instead of waiting until sunday and it said I gained weight! definitely put a damper on my day and it may completely inaccuate.

ITs definitely not worth the downer...
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    ok so should i log that i lost 4 lbs ?
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Use the same scale as it's all relative when you do. Although I've checked mine vs a doc type balance scale, and it's within 2 lbs.

For those that weigh themselves more than once a week, remember that the body can have a weight swing of +/- 5 lbs over a 24 hour period. I have a little ritual for my weigh-in day, which is Thursdays.

Waked up
    Go to the bathroom
    Weigh myself 3 times & average it out (my digital scale usually varies +/- 0.3 lbs over the 3 weigh-ins)
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    In my opinion, if today is your weigh in day, and you did it at the same time, then yes, you lost four pounds! GREAT JOB!!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Definitely you need to check the calibration unless you are a severe and I mean severe anorexia/ bullemia whatever that will be absolutely impossible unless you planned on dying right after.lol All the best.

Jason
This discussion has been closed.