Ideas on what to pack for lunch?

Options
I'm a college student and I walk to campus everyday. I like to pack my lunch instead of buying something at the University Center. Any good ideas?

Replies

• leelee0623
    Options
    You can't go wrong with salads, but I really love low-sodium turkey breast on whole wheat or spinach wraps with low fat honey mustard, skip the cheese, add spinach, tomato. For salads, I do 2 cups spinach, 1 tbsp dried cranberries, 1 tbsp crumbled goat or feta cheese, grilled chicken breast, 1 tbsp of walnuts or chopped almonds. I make my own dressing with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic. You can pack your dressing separately so your salad doesn't get soggy. Hope this helps!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I buy a package of Ground Turkey (20oz pkg) and mix it w/ chopped bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, maybe a few dashes of BBQ sauce or Worsteschire (give it flavor and some moisture) then grill 'em up. 5 patties keep for 5 days in the fridge easy.

Each day for lunch I bring a bed of greens (kale, chard, spinach) and put that turkey patty right on top (heated up). Yum! Oh-- the salad HAS to have avocado. In fact, instead of dressing, I mash up avocado and several tbsp's of lemon juice (like I'm making guacamole) and just slather it all over the salad. No dressing needed! Throw some carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes in the salad... you have an UNDER 300 Cal lunch. (4oz. turkey patty: 150 cals; BBQ sauce: 25cals; 2oz avocado: 80cals; misc. veggies/lettuces: 30 cals)