New member!

edlalo007
edlalo007 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys,

My name is Ed and i found this great community just a couple of days ago through my iphone. I really love it since it has kept me motivated and optimistic about my goal eventhough its my first week :). I have found it easier to keep track of all of foods, and excerises.

Well I guess I'm getting off topic from what I this post is really for. I am basically at work all morning on this website checking every tip i can get, and informing myself. but i feel that i could be doing something since im just sitting!!!( top 10 reasons why i got to where i am) LOL. My question is; do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can do while im at work that would help me burn some calories... I feel lazy LOL.

I started walking during my breaks and lunch, and I have the tendancy to get up and walk around in my area (since I am chained to desk (call center)). But i think maybe there is that little something boost that I could do that could help me at least strech.

Thanks

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Trade in your chair for an exercise ball and sit on that, if you can. If you can't, try doing some leg lifts, stretches while you sit on your chair. Get up and move often, Take the stairs instead of the elevator.

There are a million ways to increase your activity and lose weight, even if you have a desk job. Just think about them.

I even keep a couple of small dumbells at my desk and try to use them while I'm waiting for a job to come back or when I take a stretch break.
  • First of all my name is Sherry and WELCOME!! Now, as to your question you could try walking to and from work everyday. ( If you live close by) You could also try going for a walk on your lunch break. Even if you can't do any of those park your car in the back of the parking lot. Your not going to lose a ton of calories at one time but every calorie counts. Try doing that everywhere you go. When you go to the store, park in the back and always walk the cart back into the store. You would be surprised how many calories you will burn.
This discussion has been closed.