SENSA...anyone doing this ??? I need some feedback on it ple

FitMami225
FitMami225 Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Hey Fitnesspal community...
Ok so I caved and ordered Sensa. It was the first time I have heard of it a few days ago and started seeing ads for it in Womens Health Magazine. I am very active and eat clean but have hit a palteau AND I know there is no magic pixie dust to help with wgt loss HOWEVER, I ordered it anyway...there is a 30 day $ back guarantee so i figured i got nothing to lose. Anyone out there on this, or have u tried it? Any feedback will be so appreciated. I have a feeling I'm gonna be sending this back soooooon.!!!!! ~Vaness

~Vanessa

Replies

• loselose1
    loselose1 Posts: 7 Member
    I am using Sensa now and have loss 34 lbs in the last 5 months
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    this is from dietsinreview.com

Sensa

Pros:
    •One large clinical study showed positive results while using Sensa Tastants
    •May help to jumpstart a weight loss program
    •Created by a medical doctor
    •Creates satiety and feelings of fullness

Cons:
    •Not a long-term solution to weight loss
    •Since it such a new product, long-term and immediate side effects can’t be proven
    •Automatically-enrolled in the monthly auto-shipment program
    •No specific dietary or fitness guidelines

Ingredients
    Sensa contains Maltodextrin (Derived corn in the U.S.), Tricalcium Phosphate, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors, FD&C Yellow 5, and Carmine. Sensa also contains Soy and Milk ingredients

Diet and Exercise
    There are no specific diet and exercise guidelines to follow while using Sensa other than to follow the instructions on the Sensa Tastant product label.

Conclusion
    Sensa Tastants is a weight loss additive that uses technology and biology to help you eat less and lose weight. The patent for Sensa is still pending and it is not approved by the FDA.
    As with any dietary supplement, talk to your medical doctor before taking this product. Since this product contains milk and soy, do not use this product if you have allergies to these foods. Do not use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or if you have any medical conditions

There was more but it was mostly directions. I think the main thing is like listed in the cons, these diet powders, pills and drinks are successful as long as you eat a good healthy diet and exercise. Most diet aids require you to add more and more of the product for it to stay effective. All of these diet products usually result in weight gain once you quit using them.

If you have hit a plateau the best thing you can do is check out your goals and make sure that with the current weight you are eating enough and increase your cardio by 20% and you will usually break through the plateau. I am personally for losing weight through diet and exercise and not adding things to my body that I wouldn't ingest if placed in front of me.

EIther way, it's your choice, your body and you are the one that will have to find what works best for you. Good luck.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    You should probably call and make sure you're not automatically opted in to the monthly renewal program in case you decide it's not for you- better to do that sooner than later.
This discussion has been closed.