after dinner snacks

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for a healthy snack, after dinner before bed? I like to relax and read a book or watch some mindless T.V. and I crave a snack. I finish dinner at about 7 or 7:30 and go to bed about 10. I just want something light, but I'm such a picky eater, it's hard to find something to eat.

Replies

• gwainwright
    gwainwright Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I pick on water crackers - they're only 15 cals each - they aren't very exciting but do the job for me!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    triscuits do the trick for me. add some light laughing cow for extra flavor.

or microwave popcorn.
  • jiblin
    jiblin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and my doctor suggested to have a mini turkey sandwich. I get the miniture rolls from walmart and 2 slices of baked turkey. Not only does the protein satify but also...makes you tired! Peanuts are also a good night time snack not too many carbs but good for you.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm a crazy advocate for cottage cheese! I basically suggest it for everything but it is some kind of super food. It has tons of protein with low calories. You don't need a lot to feel full!
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Grapes! I like them fresh or you can pop some in the freezer for a few hours and they are delicious!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pretzels and peanut butter
    strawberries
    air popped popcorn
    celery and peanut butter

I'm a snacker out of habit and want the hand to mouth action. It's got nothing to do with hunger.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    apple up to 80 cals
    jacobs cracker 34 cal each
    brown bread with garlic cheese on it
    cornflakes

:flowerforyou:
  • applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on a ' almond and raisin' kick right now. Love that combination.
    I also really love an apple sliced very thin, on top of a ritz cracker with a little cream cheese and a pinch of cinnamon. Oh my goodness that is delicious! :D