Is it normal to feel this way?

2»

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    It sounds like your psychological issues with food are not resolved. Before you were an emotional over-eater, and now you struggle to eat. It sounds like you are trying to replace one bad relationship with another. You need to take some steps (maybe talk to a therapist) and figure out where to go from here.

It's okay to not be hungry sometimes, or to feel like eating is work sometimes, but to have an aversion to a life-sustaining act doesn't seem normal to me.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Emotionally, I get how you feel. But my body doesn't let me get away with it. Sometimes I lose the desire to eat! But I get miserably hungry, so I have to do something to make my tummy shut the heck up! If that makes any sense.
    I only eat now cause its better than starving myself. Not cause I'm hungry or cause food looks delish. I hate that feeling of seeing my hard work go down the drain on a plate in front of me. I never though that I'd hate eating. It's just confusing to go from eating in sight to not wanting to eat anything.

I've felt this way a few times, like when my back was aching and I was feeling really desperate to lose weight. I know you are not alone and there are many people out there who feel conflicted about their eating too. Try to find foods you really like. It's OK to enjoy your food, even if you're on a diet. I'm on low-carb so I really look forward to raspberries and cheese and bacon and still am losing pounds. You need good healthy food to nourish your cells so they can release the extra weight. If your feelings don't go away, maybe talking to a therapist or attending a local support group would help? <hugs>
  • ladyboss650
    ladyboss650 Posts: 5 Member
    Now that I use this app, I realize that there is so much more food and use up all the calories I'm allowed while watching the carf/fat/protein ratios too. I plan my meals and input them into my daily logs ahead of time, so I don't wake up in the morning thinking what I'm going to eat and it affect the rest of my day. It's great if you know you're going out to a restaurant too! I plug in the meal and nutrient info, them work out the rest of the day beforehand. Sometimes it's hard to accept you can eat more, but without that food to burn energy for workouts, you're not doing yourself any good... emotionally, physically or mentally. One day at a time, one goal at a time. :wink: