Ladies: Whats my bra size now???????????????

Options

Replies

• jenneal89
    Options
    What if your boobs when not 'contained' are around by your waist.....how do you measure the fullest part then???

You're supposed to wear an unpadded bra when you measure. And it's better to have someone measure you
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just go to the store lol.

I am busting out of mine atm.... I'm 36c.... the 36 is ok but the cup isn't! haha.

xx
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    The only way you will truly know is if you go to a reputable shop.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    32G!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Sorry... But you gotta get measured in store... otherwise you will do more harm than good.

I recommend going to a lingerie store and getting measured also. You need a professional to match up your cup size and your width. Let the lingerie lady fit you correctly - it might be more expensive the first time, but then you'll know what to buy.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi girls

try this for size :happy:

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

martyxx

Thanks! Have you used this calculator yourself before? I just put my measurements in and it came up with 34F which sounds about right or at least a lot closer to the others i've used.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i'm 27inches underbust and 36inches and I fit a 32DD.

I'm never sure with the cups but if you underbust is an even number you add 4 and if it's odd you add 5. So you would be 34...something ^_^ I'm soo helpful lol
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I would recommend getting measured in a store, though saying that, we have 2 stores in town that give measurements and I was given 2 different sizes!

Someone on MFP gave this url out for an online measurer and it has worked for me really well.

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

I added your measurements and it says you need a 34E, maybe you could try that out? Good Luck!

I don't know about you guys but I am fed up with needing new bras already. Just yesterday I threw 3 bars out! But I have only lost about 13lbs and this is in 12 weeks and already I have needed 2 different bra sizes! This is going to cost a bomb!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If you go into M&S with a general idea of a couple of sizes, and just try some on... different bras can fit differently anyway, so it can be a nightmare. The sales assistants should be able to help you. Last time I went in, they were a bit funny about measuring me - not sure they even do that any more, but they were helpful in just looking at me in a bra and suggesting whether I needed a bigger cup, or smaller band or whatever, and they ran out to get me more so I didn't have to. Then it's just a bit of trial an error. And, like I say, different styles and brands of bras fit me at different sizes anyway.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't know. My overbust is 38, underbust is 36 and bust is 42. Some sites tell me 40C, others say 38DD, one said 36E. Soooo I have no idea what mine is either and the lady who measured me at sears said 40C/D depending on the brand. Some of my 40Cs fit wonderfully, some don't. It's really a pain. They need a universal measuring method to put all this confusion to rest. I'm waiting til I hit my goal weight to buy new bras. Hopefully it'll become clearer as to what size I need. >.<
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Go to M&S or Rigby & Peller where they fit bras. It's free and the girls will get an uplifting service :)
  • tinz75
    tinz75 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all the fuss - it's so easy to work it out ladies...

Any more than a handful is wasteful, I'd be happy to come and make the measurement for you :wink:
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Don't go to M&S! If you can get to one find a Bravissimo store, or even go to their website and read up about how your bra should fit. If you're uncomfortable about being fitted in person - and you really shouldn't be because they all seem to be highly trained and lovely these days - you can even phone them to discuss.

Most stores catering for bigger sizes have thrown away the tape measure now and work purely on how the bra fits.

Oh and if you go down a back size you normally go up a cup. That's how it works,
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    get measured!

or at least go into a shop and try a zillion different sizes till u find something that fits!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your responses. Its not that i'm too shy to get measured or anything like that. Its just that i'm not sure if there's anywhere really local i can have that done, but i will have a look around and get measured properly.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I got measured in a proper bra shop (UK girls, go to Boux Avenue, its FABULOUS!)

32in underbust/add 4 for even number, 5 for odd number = 36 for band size
    35in overbust = C cup

36C fits like a charm. The 36 is a unit of size not how many inches round you are. Also, when properly fitted the straps are TIGHT over your shoulders, took some getting used to!
  • trailblazer888
    trailblazer888 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had this problem I went from 195lbs - bra dd40 and was horrified when I went to get resized and realized I'm now a b36 lol. Ive since gotten used to my little ladies. The only way to get the proper size is to have someone measure you though , the girls at the shop in my area were super nice and incredibly helpful. I hope you have the same experience! :)
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is just the way its done. I definately would not fit in a 28inch back...I have a 29inch under bust and I am a 34.Like i said I have checked this information. I do not measure 34inches under my bust.The person who invented bras must of come up with how to measure
  • chiquitatwist
    chiquitatwist Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a lingerie store so I've measured a lot of women for bras. I found the easiest way was not to measure under the bust, but to measure above the bust. Bring the take measure around your back like normal but bring it up under your armpits instead and right above your cleavage. The number you get is your band size. Then measure over the fullest part of your bust. For however many inches you are above the band size you add a cup. For instance, if you measure 35 band and your breast measurement is a 39 then your bra size would be 36C (3 inch difference). If you're more comfortable going to a 34 since you're right in the middle in band size, then you would want to go 34D. When you go up in band size the size of the cup goes up a little as well. When you go down in band size the cup size goes down a little. Hope this helps. :smile:

What if your boobs when not 'contained' are around by your waist.....how do you measure the fullest part then???

We always did measurements with bras on. As long as it isn't padded or a push up your results will be pretty accurate
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the ladies who say get measured!! When I did I found a so much more comfortable fit! Less back strain, better fit, no bubbling over, etc.