Hi, I am new hear and I have a question

Options
Hello, my name is Hiba. I just joined MFP and I am looking forward to using the site to help me lose the remaining baby weight and get back in shape.

I am breastfeeding and I was wondering how you can put that in to be added to your daily calories calculation. I know a breastfeeding women is allowed more calory intake but I didn't know where to add that here.

Thanks

Replies

• MimaMia
    Options
    Hi .. just wanted to say welcome to the MFP. Sorry I cannot help with your query as I have no experience in this subject.
  • Arkani7
    Arkani7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    first: Welcome!

Maybe you can just add the breastfeeding as a cardiovascular exercise? One of the ladies in my friend list does it that way.
    You could estimate how much calories the breastfeeding burns (you can find some approximate values via Google) and add it as an exercise.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think if you REALLY want to lose weight, don't worry about what calories from breastfeeding you can claim. Do as much physical activity you can do to burn calories.

Best of luck!!

Basil
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am way past that stage in my life, but I do have friends that allow for/log breast feeding in their Food Diary - just search "breast feeding" in the food database and several options come up... I believe you need to consume about 300 - 500 calories a day more to compensate for milk production. Hope that helps, and welcome!!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your responses.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes, I remember I read somewhere it burns around 600 or so but I was not sure.
    Thanks for the update :)