I decided to come back to fitnesspal after a 2 year hiatus.

madameT76
madameT76 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I found this website 2 years ago and used it for about 2 weeks. I fell off the proverbial wagon! My wish today is to lose 80lbs, and to be successful at it! I have to admit i am a little overwhelmed by the number and a little scared that I will fail miserably. I have been training with a personal trainer for about a year, but I must admit, I haven't been as dedicated as I should. I would like to be able to run a 10 km race by mid May. If anypne out there has any words of encouragement or succcess stories, I would be extremely appreciative. Blessing to all for a healthy and successful New Year.

Replies

• YOU CAN DO IT! I know how hard it is to get motivated and stay motivated.. Probably the hardest part of getting healthy..
    A tip: Put a picture of yourself, a "before" picture on your fridge or pantry door... That way when you just go to snack or get something to eat that is the first thing you see! And usually it can help you make a healthier choice!
    I wish you the best of luck! x0x0
  • roysterathisfeet
    roysterathisfeet Posts: 2 Member
    I too fell offf from using fitnesspal for about a year and half. I lost 14 pounds and gained 9 back. So I'm back on the wagon and hoping to stick with it. I feel much better about it and find it easy to use. I like to see my progress every day. It's a challenge to try to choose the right foods to fit within my dietary goals though, but hey, I'm up for the challlenge.
    I dont' have the desire to run a marathon, but my goal is to lost the 22 pounds that has attached to me after the birth of my youngest daughter, and to keep it off. I plan to use fitnesspal for the rest of my life. It's the accountablity that I need.
    Best wishes for success!
  • sh2010
    sh2010 Posts: 12
    I've heard it's better to look at it in smaller amounts to loose. You know that your overall goal is 80 pounds, but how about make a smaller goal to start, like I want to loose 10 pounds by (enter date here) and keep going from there.

Good luck, and remember, even if you have a bad day, start again fresh the next, that's always been my problem, if I eat too much one day and really do badly on my diet, I think it's all over and I should just quit, that is my goal, not to let one bad day get me down :)

- The picture on the fridge idea is a great one. I have one of me when I was younger and in shape, and then one of me now up. I also put up a pic of my fav celebrity in a bikni :)
    414820.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.