I've come a long way!!

Options
I was doing CLX 2 nights ago and it hit me ! And I cried for a few minutes by myself but that felt good !!

Last year around March I was sufferng from a herniated disk in my lower back.. at some point I couldnt even walk anymore the pain was too great. I used to watch TV shows like biggest loser and think to myself "I'll never be able to workout again..." Even my physical therapist had told me that I had to give up the hopes of doing those exercise DVD ever again..
I was totally destroyed, I gained about 30 lbs not being able to do much at all.

Last October after 2 epidural injections.. I finally decided to go see another therapist to see if theres something that could be done.
She helped me doing exercises and massages to realign my lower back.. that took about 6 months.
She made me feel tons better.. no more walking with a cane !!!

Then around April, I started to do light workouts like cardio and stuff and saw that it wasnt causing more pain.. so I kept at it and was able to build up to a workout like Zumba !!!

On August 1st I decided I was ready to take charge of my body and my life and eat healthier and lose weight and get inthe best shape ofmy life ! Guess what I am doing it !!!

So far I have lost 17 lbs and 16.5 inches ! I have started ChaLEAN Extreme this Monday Sept. 24th and my goal is to see it to the end and be fit by Xmas :)
After not being able to stand up and walk.. I can do something like this ! That made me cry :)

thanx for reading me :)

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That is honestly one of the best stories I've read on here, you should be VERY proud of yourself! Well done =)=)=)
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You go girl. Keep it up one step at a time. I am so proud of you because I know how hard it can be when your health is not co-operating with you. But you kept going you have a winning spirit. Good for you (hugs) you have done us all proud.:drinker:
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    Nothing changes unless we make the change ..
    I've learned that :)
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I suffered from a herniated disk a few years back so I know the pain you went through. I don't think mine was a severe as your though. Core muscle strength is very important when you have back issues so keep up the good work and make sure you do your stretches every day!!
  • amberrr20
    amberrr20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful and inspiring story! i suffer from low back pain also. i have sprained my lumbar twice in the past 6 months due to my lumbar not being curved anymore so im prone to injury there but im working on trying to get my curve back! i havent been able to work out all week due to the pain but im not gonna give up!
    keep up the positive attitude and you'll accomplish your goals in no time honey!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration.

"Nothing changes unless we make the change .. " I love this! Always a great reminder.

Karen
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    1st week of my workout program done :) going strong !!
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress... and kudos for your determination, dedication, and attitude toward changing your body for the better. Truly inspiring!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Good for you to take charge. So glad that you didn't take "can't" for an answer!
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    thank you guys :)
    I feel so motivated reading everyone on here and everybody's positive attitude its amazing !

The mind is a great thing.. once its set on something, feels like nothing's impossible :)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Welcome to a much happier life! Keep going - you've proven that you can do this
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Nothing changes unless we make the change ..
    I've learned that :)

This....what a great post!! My other favorite is that you'll never regret the workout that you did but you'll regret the one that you didn't do. One step at a time.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing! I love to read success stories (and your is one) they help to inspire me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!