Chicago area gal looking for friends in this journey!

Options
Hi! I'm Laura ... not necessarily new around these parts, but making myself known for the first time.

Life's been challenging since early this year and I definitely let things get away from me. I allowed the situation to overwhelm me instead of taking control. And all that comfort eating? Yea, it definitely left a mark.

So - I'm back and ready to do some damage. I love being active -- running, mountain biking, hiking -- but the extra 20+ pounds I've put on recently makes everything difficult and uncomfortable (and aggravates old injuries). I want to get back to being that person, though, because moving and sweating makes me happy.

I've finally realized, too, that I need help in the journey ... I'm trying hard to climb out of the hole that I'm in all on my own, but I think I might need a hand up. Some encouragement. Some accountability. Some friends to make it enjoyable.

My goal is to become an active member here -- I know from firsthand experience that a virtual community can provide loads of support (I'm very active on a triathlon website even though I haven't been working out much lately) and be incredibly helpful when you have some common goals.

So: onward. Starting now. Because nothing changes if nothing changes. Right?

Replies

• Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I also love the outdoors hiking, kayaking and being active! I had a few rough years and had gotten so busy that those active parts of my life also got pushed to the side so I'm also looking to get back into the swing and being that active person again!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • avivan
    avivan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I'm also from Chicago :). I try to log in every day and I would love it if we could support each other. It's a great big journey and it is really helpful to have friends along with you!
  • somethingclicked
    Options
    Hi, you make a lot of sense here. Also, I can relate to a lot of what you say. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • Laurab2125
    Laurab2125 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Even after only a few days of joining in, I already love it here. :)