Fitbit?

Options
I have been tinkering around with the idea of buying a Fitbit, but wanted to get some real life reviews. Trying to decide between the Fitbit Ultra, or the Fitbit Zip. Anyone?

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    The Ultra is being replaced by "the One" (cocky name, I admit.)

There are quite a few differences, but what is important to know is what YOU want out of it.

ZIP TRACKS:
    STEPS TAKEN
    CALORIES BURNED
    DISTANCE TRAVELED
    BATTERY LEVEL (lasts 4-6 months supposedly)

It is smaller in size, comes in a variety of colors, stores your specific data for 7 days, then gives you summaries for the other 23 prior days. It is NOT rechargeable, wireless syncing, and has BlueTooth which is a welcome change but it doesn't sync to most android phones (yet - according to their website) I

The One tracks:
    STEPS TAKEN
    STAIRS CLIMBED
    CALORIES BURNED
    HOURS SLEPT
    DISTANCE TRAVELED
    QUALITY OF SLEEP (yep, measures your sleep, lol!) Yep, it even has a vibration alarm so you can wake up without waking up your SigOther (eyeroll a bit here.)

Rechargeable battery lasts 5-7 days (my Ultra only takes a short time to recharge, not sure on the One)

It is small, comes in only 2 colors, wireless syncing to your device, has Bluetooth capabilities but not to very many Android phones (yet according to their site again) It keeps detailed overview of 7 days, and summarizes the preceding 23.

That is more or less the side by side, as for actual usage I am planning on getting the One as it appears to be closest to the Ultra and I am in love with my Ultra, but I am more in love with the Blue Tooth and wireless syncing, lol :)

The Ultra is the same price as the One, and the One is due out soon. I would wait it out IMO, but if you just want something basic the Zip is probably a good choice. I prefer getting credit for stairs climbed, (this includes hills) Neither record elevation change when using a treadmill though :sad:

Good luck!!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I just didnt want to invest my money and be disappointed . That helps! :)