Quick, packable lunch ideas needed!

Options

Replies

• michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I try to cook up some chicken breasts (skinless - boneless) and put them individual containers so they are ready to go the whole week - can put on salads or steam up some veggies for a side! I try to do alot of preplanning on Sunday - so my lunches are good to go for the week! I also plan on my dinners - sometimes I will make extra so there is enough for lunch the next day!
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump for later - some good ideas here!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Leftover lunch is always good as long as you have a microwave handy.

If you're super creative and have free time you could start making pretty bento box lunches.
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/creative-and-interesting-bento-boxes/
    http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/10-ultra-creative-and-geeky-bento-box-lunches
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Leftover lunch is always good as long as you have a microwave handy.

If you're super creative and have free time you could start making pretty bento box lunches.
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/creative-and-interesting-bento-boxes/
    http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/10-ultra-creative-and-geeky-bento-box-lunches

OMG...these are too cool! Being an artist, would love to find the time to make some of these. Too bad, I almost always have a paintbrush in hand!
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a "thumbs up" option on responses...like Facebook. Great ideas here! Thank so much.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I always make my lunch and pack it that night for the next morning. It gives me more time in the morning to get myself ready. Here's a link of what i made just yesterday:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752199-easy-recipe-asian-seasoned-ground-turkey-tofu-salad
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I pack 5 lunches every night - myself, husband, and 3 kids. I usually eat a salad for myself sometimes sandwiches but not very often. I throw in a can or pouch of tuna for something extra on my salad. For cheese I cut up a low fat cheese stick. I love my cheese on salads. :) I also enjoy wraps. I get the chipotle mayo from Kraft and it makes it so yummy. Add a fruit salad or applesauce maybe some fresh veggies and you have yourself a good lunch. :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    A serving of reduced fat triscuits with a wedge of laughing cow cheese

starkist to go tuna pack (comes with pre-made tuna salad and crackers, it's really good)

cold cut and cheese roll ups or use iceburg lettuce for "bread"

bag salad (I cut up cukes and other veggies and throw them right in the bag at the beginning of the week so it's easy to pack)

soup

leftovers from dinner

cut up veggies and put them in baggies at the beginning of the week and just grab one each day
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I soak some bread in some egg and then shape them so that they fit in muffin tins. Fill the muffin tins with liquid eggs(I use about a 1/4 of a cup for a 6 count tin) and chopped up already cooked sausage and put it in the oven for 350 and then just wait till the eggs are all done.

Yum!

I will grab about 2 or 3 with lunch and grab some cut up veggies(like broccoli) to go with it that I already have in a ziplock. YUM!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Like they said, packing the night before helps a lot. I can't eat a lot of bread (gastric sleeve) so I get the smaller tortilla shells and make my own wraps. Turkey, ham and sometimes roast beef (Castle Woods Brand) and use about a teaspoon of low fat mayo or some form of mustard. You can add vegies if you want too. That's just enough to fill me up. Salads with some of the same meat chopped on top or some diced meat that's left over from dinner. Again, you can oack the salad the night before and keep the meat and cheese in a separate container.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb junkie so I'll make a big batch of pasta (pasta + tomato sauce + lean meat + veggies) and portion it out for the week. I also like cooking up a few chicken breasts, plain sweet potatoes and steamed veggies and then portioning those out. I got a leak proof lunch bag (Lock&Lock) and use that with their containers, pyrex or small mason jars to pack all my food (breakfast, lunch, snacks)...it makes it a lot easier and I won't have a repeat of the "milk in purse" incident of earlier this year.
  • rachellangdon1974
    Options
    I pack my lunch every day, and I too struggle from time to time with ideas, but here are a few (basically what I have had this week..)

Monday- Progresso lite Santa Fe Chicken soup- 1 cup
    with 1tblsp lite sour cream/pinch of cheddar/5 saltines
    sliced apple w/peanut butter

Tuesday- I didn't pack, but I ate healthy
    Subway Kids Turkey sub with tons of veggies and fat free honey mustard
    Baked Doritos

Wednesday- I brought a medium potato- cleaned it then wrapped in a wet paper towel in micro..cooked about 6 minutes
    added 1tblsp lite sour cream, pinch of cheddar cheese, and added salsa.
    sliced up a fresh medium sized peach

Today- I brought 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, a peach to slice up, 10 Triscuits and a string cheese to slice up to eat with the Triscuits.

We have a full sized fridge at work, so sometimes I just throw everything in a walmart bag, then prepare it at work. Like..I will grab the lettuce, cucumber, tomatos, dressing, etc and then chop/throw it all together at work because I just don't have time at home.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb junkie so I'll make a big batch of pasta (pasta + tomato sauce + lean meat + veggies) and portion it out for the week. I also like cooking up a few chicken breasts, plain sweet potatoes and steamed veggies and then portioning those out. I got a leak proof lunch bag (Lock&Lock) and use that with their containers, pyrex or small mason jars to pack all my food (breakfast, lunch, snacks)...it makes it a lot easier and I won't have a repeat of the "milk in purse" incident of earlier this year.

LOL...I feel ya on the "milk in purse" incident.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from the night before, but the best investment I ever made was my Foodsaver. Whenever I make things like beef stew or chilis or even enchiladas, I freeze the extras in individual portions in the foodsaver bags. Thaw the night before or even grab and go in the morning. They are usually thawed and ready for microwave at lunchtime. Just as convenient as Lean Cuisine but much tastier and more filling!
  • Luanneburns
    Options
    Individual size cottage cheese and fruits.:happy:
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump ;)
  • jojigirl
    jojigirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, not sure what type of eating you are doing, but this is what I've been bringing lately:

4-6 oz of cooked chicken or pork tenderloin (I eat this cold, with spicy mustard)
    1 oz of cheddar cheese
    1 dill pickle
    1 cup of mixed fresh pineapple and strawberries for "desert".

It's so good!!
  • madregore
    Options
    I do a "salad jar" on Sunday for each day I need to take my lunch. Take a wide mouth masson jar and fill it with cherry tomato, carrots, celery and what ever else you want to add. Just make sure it is not stuff that has a high water content, like cucumbers, I pack those seperate. Then put the lettuce in, sometimes I use spinach, red leaf or green leafy lettuce. I keep a bottle of dressing in the office, so I don't add the dressing. Look this up on Pinterest, I got the best ideas. If I do this on Sunday, we eat salads all week, my husband has even taken a couple. Good luck, today is my first day to start logging my progress. :smile:
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating 5 corn thins with 2 wedges of laughing cow herb, as well as some thick sliced cucumbers! I've enjoyed it so far this week!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about tapioca. Mine have the following ingredients: rice flour, water, and salt. The calories are listed on the back. It's all in English. The sodium is high but I don't have any health issues around sodium. Each sheet is about 62 calories. I generally only use a couple of ounces of meat (i don't use Vietnamese ham--no Asian markets where I live) and the rest of my stuff is lettuce, peppers, cukes, etc. so the cals are low. You slice all the stuff super thinly and then put them in the wrappers. I modified this from Vietnamese salad rolls, which I guess could have rice noodles in them. I omit them due to cals and put in more veggies. Here is a video on how to make spring rolls and then just omit the parts you don't like or the bits that are too high cal for you:

I also use spring mix or spinach instead of iceberg. I'm all about nutrients.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VsV3wgBIow