lunch

Options
applepie
applepie Posts: 105 Member
Alright. Here's the deal. I'm out of lunch ideas. At lunch time, I feed my 2 little boys...and honestly, I hate mac and cheese, pb&j, blah, blah, blah. So..question is..what is everyone eating for lunch these days??

Something, yummy, filling, healthy, healthy, and oh..healthy. :D
Thanks for your input..

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    curry koka noodles only 145 calorie and no fat in them a bit high in carbs but thats what u need in my opinion and its quite fillin and yummy :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    Alright. Here's the deal. I'm out of lunch ideas. At lunch time, I feed my 2 little boys...and honestly, I hate mac and cheese, pb&j, blah, blah, blah. So..question is..what is everyone eating for lunch these days??

Something, yummy, filling, healthy, healthy, and oh..healthy. :D
    Thanks for your input..

sorry the heatlhy lunch i would suggest to you would be vegetable omlette quite fillin and satisfies for hours till next meal :flowerforyou:
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    I make a pot of soup every Sunday and eat it all week.

Today - Butternut Squash with Ginger and Lentils. Approximately 230 calories for 2 cups.

YUM!
  • MrsThorz
    Options
    Could you pass that soup recipe on?? Thanks sounds great!

Thanks!
  • CristalBelle
    Options
    There are a lot of soups and stews you can do in a crockpot that are very healthy, filling and flavorfully satisfying. In a large crock they make enough to last for 2 or 3 days depending on how many people eat off of them
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    I have been eating tuna with one boiled egg and light mayo on toasted wheat bread....or I am a big cereal eater! Special K and honey nut cheerios!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've been eating tuna and crackers this week witha piece of fruit. Sometimes I eat a veggie burger on light wheat bread.
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    Could you pass that soup recipe on?? Thanks sounds great!

Thanks!

Sure! It's from the book "La Dolce Vegan" by Sarah Kramer. (FABULOUS cookbook by the way, even if you're not vegan - lots of healthy dishes that are easy and fast to make.)

"Jen's Ginger Butternut Lentil Soup"

1 small onion, chopped
    1 tbsp olive oil
    2 inches fresh ginger, grated
    2 cups butternut squash, cubed
    2 cups vegetable stock
    1 14oz can diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup red lentils
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/s tsp ground black pepper

In a medium soup pot, saute onion in oil until translucent. Add the ginger and squash and saute for 5 minutes.

Add the tomatoes, lentils, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until squash is cooked.

With hand blender or food processor, blend soup until smooth. Return to pot, reheat, and serve. Makes 2 large servings, or 4 small servings.

DELICIOUS!

***ETA = I made a quadruple batch to eat on all week. That made about 18 cups of soup.
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi applepie....Just a quick hello, but I like the ideas above of tuna. I haven't had that for a while. might also make for a good snack.

Have a good afternoon......
  • applepie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. I've wanted to try a squash soup..perfect timing. :D And the cereal and tuna and all other suggestions. Perfect! :D Thanks so much everyone!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Most days I have a healthy choice meal. They are low cal, relatively low sodium, delicious, and filling! You could also spring for an Ensure on days you don't feel like eating. I also enjoy tuna fish sandwiches with lite miracle whip and a 1 oz bag of sun chips. YUM!
  • stacy1171
    stacy1171 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love fat free vanilla yogurt with a serving of special K red berries stirred in and a banana on the side.

Or lettuce boats with cut up cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and grilled chicken breast
  • happybrooke
    Options
    I like to make chicken and rice, then a salad of tomato and cucumber. Maybe a V8 to drink. I usually make enough for a couple days of lunches.
  • applepie
    Options
    these sound great. Thanks so much everyone. :D
  • DrScootie
    Options
    I've really enjoyed eating what I call Slaw on Pita. I combine a half cup of chopped purple cabbage, a half cup of chopped carrots, and 1 tsp of Boathouse Farms Yogurt Dressing (I like the Blue Cheese one) so the dressing coats the veggies. Then I spread one tablespoon of Joseph's hummus (I like the garlic one but other flavors work well too) on a Josephs Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita. Put the veggies on the pita and there you have a tasty and filling sandwich that is 139 calories. Sometimes I add other veggies - this is the base recipe. If you live Olives, I encourage you to try it with Josephs artichoke and kalamata olive hummus - it's sooo good.
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Most days I have a healthy choice meal. They are low cal, relatively low sodium, delicious, and filling! You could also spring for an Ensure on days you don't feel like eating. I also enjoy tuna fish sandwiches with lite miracle whip and a 1 oz bag of sun chips. YUM!

Really? You have days where you don't feel like eating?? I don't I have EVER had those days!
  • hollyj77
    Options
    I've really enjoyed eating what I call Slaw on Pita. I combine a half cup of chopped purple cabbage, a half cup of chopped carrots, and 1 tsp of Boathouse Farms Yogurt Dressing (I like the Blue Cheese one) so the dressing coats the veggies. Then I spread one tablespoon of Joseph's hummus (I like the garlic one but other flavors work well too) on a Josephs Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita. Put the veggies on the pita and there you have a tasty and filling sandwich that is 139 calories. Sometimes I add other veggies - this is the base recipe. If you live Olives, I encourage you to try it with Josephs artichoke and kalamata olive hummus - it's sooo good.

This sounds delicious and easy! Thanks for sharing!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make a pot of soup every Sunday and eat it all week.

Today - Butternut Squash with Ginger and Lentils. Approximately 230 calories for 2 cups.

YUM!

Me too! Look up the Olive Garden minestrone recipe, I love this one and it's so filling and really full of veggies!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

Really? You have days where you don't feel like eating?? I don't I have EVER had those days!

I think almost every one has at least 1 day where they just feel like "Blah. Food. Gross." That's where Ensure comes in as a great hero. Food for when you don't feel like eating.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I think almost every one has at least 1 day where they just feel like "Blah. Food. Gross." That's where Ensure comes in as a great hero. Food for when you don't feel like eating.

Ummm...no. I definitely have never, in my entire life, felt like "Blah. Food. Gross". Which is probably why I am here in the first place :) When when I had food poisoning and was puking my guts out I was like "Anyone got some pudding"? LOL I sure wish I had a few of those days! :)