Update Profile - Change Calories?

Options
I have been losing weight for almost 6 months now, thanks MFP!

My question is: when I update my profile after losing weight it drops the net calorie count available for day by XX amount. Should I be updating this or should I not touch it and leave the previous calories available?

For example: I was 148lbs and had 1440 net calories for the day, now I dropped 2 lbs and have 1430 calories available.

The reason I am asking is because this change only happens after I update my profile and save it. Is this a glitch or should I be doing this each time?

Thanks,
JiGSaW525

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    As you get lighter, you have to eat less in order to continue to get lighter.
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    Mine does the same thing. I've had someone tell me to leave it alone as long as I'm still losing weight and then lower it once I plateau. However, I just let it change. I'd rather cut down on 10 calories at a time than wait and have to cut 50.
  • JiGSaW525
    Options
    I figured you would need to decrease the calorie to keep on track, just wanted to know if MFP should be doing that on its own.

Thanks for the input.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It should. I'm not sure how it works anymore, but it used to take a while before the automatic calculation kicked in, so we used to regularly update goals so that it would force it to do it every time we logged a loss