Murphy's Law??!!

Options
I feel like I am back in college! Why is it that your children never want anything from you and are pretty self-sufficient....until you NEED them to leave you alone!? And now, as I was trying to blow the dust off of the treadmill at a brisk 3mph...the world is ending and everyone needs my attention and help at once. Looks like it is going to be a late night. I guess workouts will have to happen when the wee ones are in bed. At least then I can fall over and pass out afterwards too...lol. Guess it will work out afterall!

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    And I thought that just happened in MY house!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I actually have more problems with my husband when I'm on the treadmill than with my kids!
  • hannah4me
    hannah4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing in my house - It's either while I'm on the phone or exercising!

My daughter reads to me while I'm on my glider - it kind of "kills 2 birds with one stone" since she's in second grade and needs to read every night as homework. The funny thing is that after I'm done, she insists on doing her 5 minute workout! One of my goals was to set a better example for my kids (both are overwieght) - so I guess it works! Good luck - once it becomes a routine, it gets better!
  • kaboodah
    Options
    That reminds me why my total gym was a failure. My children were much younger at the time. For anyone who might not know, the total gym uses your own weight and you slide up and down on a bench (thats the gist of it). My children were convinced it was a toy for them...a real carnival ride! They always wanted to sit on me as I tried to use that thing. They thought it was great! I sold it. :laugh:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am back in college! Why is it that your children never want anything from you and are pretty self-sufficient....until you NEED them to leave you alone!? And now, as I was trying to blow the dust off of the treadmill at a brisk 3mph...the world is ending and everyone needs my attention and help at once. Looks like it is going to be a late night. I guess workouts will have to happen when the wee ones are in bed. At least then I can fall over and pass out afterwards too...lol. Guess it will work out afterall!

All workouts at my house happen after bedtime:ohwell: I've tried when they are awake and lets just say we are all grumpy afterwards.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,616 Member
    Options
    At least there are SOME perks to having teens. They pretty much ignore me all the time!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    At least there are SOME perks to having teens. They pretty much ignore me all the time!

Bwaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa... We got our two oldest laptops for Christmas, and hardly ever see them now...
  • scru10izer
    Options
    How about when you're on the phone? Or in the bathroom? I swear the world was about to end as soon as the phone rang!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Or as soon as you settle into a warm relaxing bubble bath. I only workout during my lunch break at work or else I'd never fit it in. My daughter is up by 6:30 (and there is no way I can wake up any earlier) and goes to sleep at 8:30. By the time I finish with house work for the day it's already 9:30 and I just want to sit down and read a book. Speaking of...I'll think I'll be heading in that direction here in a minute.
  • latinapride389
    Options
    Well I don't have any kids but I do have a 26 year old husband who has a cold and is acting like a 5 year old! Guess tomorrow's workout is going to have to be a real good one!!! :ohwell:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have any kids but I do have a 26 year old husband who has a cold and is acting like a 5 year old! Guess tomorrow's workout is going to have to be a real good one!!! :ohwell:

Mine is the same way, lol. I always pray that when either my hubby or child get sick that the other one doesn't catch it...because I can't deal with two 6 year olds.
  • kaboodah
    Options
    Lol...you guys are too funny. I'm so glad I joined! If anything, I will burn some calories laughing.