Low Calorie Slow cooker recipes.

Options
babsie11
babsie11 Posts: 21 Member
I need everyones help i am looking for low calorie recipes for the slow cooker.. any ideas would be awesome!!

Thank you ..

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Beef Stroganoff (9 Points)

1 1/2 lb. beef, trimmed -- * see note

1 c chopped onion

8 oz. sliced mushrooms

1 tbs. Dijon mustard

2 tsp. dried parsley

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. dill -- dried

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 clove garlic -- minced

1/2 c all-purpose flour -- * see note

1 can fat-free beef broth -- * see note

3/4 c lowfat sour cream

6 c egg noodles, Barilla -- cooked, * see note

Trim fat from steak. Wrap steak in heavy-duty plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes. Unwrap steak; cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/8-inch thick slices. Place steak, onion, and next 7 ingredients in a 3-quart electric slow cooker. Combine flour and broth in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended.

Add broth mixture to cooker; stir well. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or until tender. Turn slow cooker off; remove lid. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve stroganoff over noodles.

Notes: Had 1 1/2 lbs. of extra lean stew beef in cubes and used it just as it was). To make up for the extra beef I increased the broth to use the whole can (was 1 cup), and the flour (was 1/3 cup).

And, because the extra beef gave me additional servings, I increased the noodle amount to give me the right nutritional analysis.

Per serving: 436 Calories; 8g Fat; 38g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 133mg Cholesterol; 409mg Sodium

NOTES : 9 WW points
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Thanks to all who post on this...I need help too!:flowerforyou:
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com
  • showmeswty
    showmeswty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with jbr03....check out skinnytaste.com.....she has some awesome recipes on her site and I know that I've pinned several onto my pinterest board to test them out......One of 'em I tried out this week and loved was:

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g

Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped
    1 16-oz can black beans
    1 16-oz can kidney beans
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    10 oz package frozen corn kernels
    2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    chili peppers, chopped (optional)
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • indyang77
    indyang77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a modified version of stuffed bell peppers I made up. Family loved it!

Stuff green peppers with the following ingredients. This was enough to stuff 3 large bell pepers, if you want to make more, you can double the batch but may need to do 2 crockpots.

1 lb of 93% lean ground turkey
    1 small onion diced
    few shakes of Lawry's seasoned salt
    1c brown rice
    Mix together

Stuff bell peppers and let cook in 1 can of reduced fat cream of mushrom soup and 1 packet of Lipton French Onion soup mix.

I actually cooked them on low for about 4 hours and then took a large spoon to them and broke them up so it was more of a stew almost. Topped with low fat cheddar cheese. SO GOOD!
  • indyang77
    indyang77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One more--This is a healthy version of Mexican Carnitas.

3 lb lean pork loin
    1/2 small onion
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    Goya Adobo seasoning to taste
    3 tbsp salsa
    1 jalapeno, stem cut off (optional, this WILL give it some heat)
    Juice from 1 grapefruit
    Juice from 2 oranges
    Juice from 2 limes
    Salt
    Pepper
    1.5 c water

Put all in crockpot on low, cook for 6-8 hours.

The meat will fall apart and is SO good. We put the meat in low carb tortillas with some low fat cheese and sour cream and some lime juice. This would also be great as a soup bc of the yummy flavor of the broth once it's cooked. To eat as a stew/soup, just add some corn, some diced tomatoes with chiles and some black beans when you throw it in the crockpot. Even my kiddos loved this.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Toss 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in with about 1/2 bottle of your fav BBQ sauce. Cook on low 4-5 hours. Shred up chicken and serve on a whole wheat bun or on sandwich thins to cut calories.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :)
  • _CFi
    _CFi Posts: 11
    Options
    bump for later ty
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • hilaryhealth
    Options
    bump, me too! LOL
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in cooker, pour black bean salsa on top. I use Great Value brand from Walmart but it's high in sodium so if you're watching that, use your own homemade salsa. Shred when cooked and use for tacos, quesadillas, salads, whatever you can think of. :)
  • joaneebabee_123
    joaneebabee_123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Beef Stew
    Ingredients

1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
    2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
    2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
    1 to 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced turnip
    1 cup fresh green beans, in bite-size pieces
    1 pound beef stew-meat chunks
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    3 cups low-sodium beef stock
    2 tablespoons light brown sugar
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    Pepper to taste
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons tomato paste

Instructions
    1. Put everything but the flour and the tomato paste in a slow cooker; stir to combine.
    2. Cover and cook on the low setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5, until the beef is tender and the potatoes are just fork tender.
    3. Stir the stew once or twice as it cooks, if possible. About 30 minutes before serving, transfer a ladleful of the broth to a small mixing bowl.
    4. Add the flour and tomato paste and whisk until smooth. Stir the mixture into the stew and cook for the remaining half hour. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We live off the crockpot all week. I use skinnytaste as others have said plus I have the fix it and forget it light cookbook. Awesome.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    http://skinnyms.com/

I have found many really easy and interesting ideas for slow cooker on that blog.

But my all time (and kids favorite) is steel cut oats ready when you wake up in the morning!
  • stacgiggles
    stacgiggles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP