Starting C25K today ...

Options
I'm starting C25K today, my goal is to run on Thanksgiving morning.

I am going to need a lot of help and motivation, so I'll be checking in quite a bit! Since I have a newborn, timing will be tricky. I plan to run while he's sleeping, we have acreage and the baby monitor goes the distance so I will be able to hear him if he wakes.

I will be out of town for next weekend, staying in a hotel. I'm nervous about not staying on track, but I'm hoping my mother-in-law will help me keep motivated!

Any tips or suggestions?

Replies

• duckfloats
    Options
    Just do it, no if's ands or buts. I used this printout, and checked off the boxes as I completed each run.

http://tombenninger.com/wordpress/c25k/

I expect to finish C25K in 3 days! During the past 9 weeks, I have had 2 family trips and 1 work trip. I just bring a stopwatch and do my runs wherever I am.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday and found myself actually looking forward to doing it.
    I have an app on my phone (Rundouble) that I use with Pandora and it lets me know when to walk and when to run while listening to music at the same time.

If you are in a hotel you can always use the treadmill if they have one.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    just finished up a few weeks ago. Stick to it! It works and you'll be running in no time.
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am installing RunDouble right now, and as soon as this baby falls asleep I'm headed out to run! Thanks for your help/encouragement!