Photo Editing Apps

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
I have some MFP pals Im friends with on Instagram and one of them was asking what I use to edit my photos. Everything on my feed is taken and edited with my iPhone 4s (or previous version 3g, and 4) So here are the apps I use. What do you use?

1zeujhh.jpg

A few of my favorite pics
3debd0fcc0a111e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg
6b51568014b611e19896123138142014_7.jpg
05532010026e11e28c4722000a1e8c9e_7.jpg
89fa9e6c43e511e180c9123138016265_7.jpg
c1ceaf66408b11e19896123138142014_7.jpg

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Well you know how I feel - AND everyone should check out your instagram gallery - you have an amazing eye!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    absotively amazing sauce
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Well you know how I feel - AND everyone should check out your instagram gallery - you have an amazing eye!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks! The Upper most left hand Quadrant of apps is my primary folder. Almost all of my photos are edited or filtered with apps in that folder
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Nice work Micah
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    outstanding !
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    that is amazing...fantastic really.

Thanks for sharing!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    OMG! I especially LOVE the tree one!!!! I would pay to have that printed and framed so I could hang it in my apartment--it's gorgeous!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Your shots never fail to impress me. Thank you for sharing this =)
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    What apps do you guys use?
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful! I also love the tree pic. Would look amazing in a huge print on the wall.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I use Gimp. A; it's free, B; it's faster than most photoshop programs, C; you can do individual steps instead of just the whole step (such a putting into sepia mode, you can gradually get there), fixing an old scanned photo can get cleaned up easier. Still need patience, just easier. I also use Image viewer if it doesn't need much work, and it has a "straightening" feature, so your photo be turned just a little, or a lot.

This photo is 16 years old and scanned in from old, slightly damaged negatives.
    8030014680_b4b0c2381e_c.jpg

This one was a 'work in progress' for a workshop we had, it's only half done so we could see the progress. To the left, you can see a light power line. there were more, and it was much more obvious and completely took away from the rest of the photo. The completed one put more color in the trees that was actually there, but the camera didn't pick it up. This was taken in Washington on the northern cascades at some park that's hard to spell, let alone pronounce. In july.

8030010784_14949dec87_c.jpg

This is over by the Youghiogheny river in eastern PA, *don't even try, even the locals have various pronunciation. Again, the camera didn't pick up the true colors of the tree and effects of it glowing off the mossy rocks.

8030001236_2b159e26df_c.jpg

This next picture was again, practice run. It was a picture taken at a museum, so the the whole shot is just a cluttered mess of lines, other art and people.

8030019882_78b98ca540_z.jpg
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I use Gimp. A; it's free, B; it's faster than most photoshop programs, C; you can do individual steps instead of just the whole step (such a putting into sepia mode, you can gradually get there), fixing an old scanned photo can get cleaned up easier. Still need patience, just easier. I also use Image viewer if it doesn't need much work, and it has a "straightening" feature, so your photo be turned just a little, or a lot.

Is that on your phone? I didnt know GImp had an app. Snapseed and camera+ both do gradual filtering. snapseed is way more robust than camera+ in that field.
  • magj0y
    Options

Is that on your phone? I didnt know GImp had an app. Snapseed and camera+ both do gradual filtering. snapseed is way more robust than camera+ in that field.

No it's not an app... it wasn't until i reread that you meant phone app, hahaha. I like the ones i mentioned because they work and they're free. I started taking more pics on my phone, so I think I will eventually get one. I'll let you know the quality and what the husband picks
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    what's your IG?>
  • monpettitefleur
    Options
    Hi,
    These are mine

B6A37745-991A-4B3A-8A1C-C3828972AAE9-7154-000008BFD2B90C1F.jpg

6831CFFF-235C-4C69-8B2F-7BE0BC5B6A8A-7154-000008BF77CCBB16.jpg

D31B24C7-0521-4B72-B307-9D2618227B45-7154-000008BF98988C6F.jpg

Thats using 'be funky' on iphone......Hope they work, never posted pics!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

No it's not an app... it wasn't until i reread that you meant phone app, hahaha. I like the ones i mentioned because they work and they're free. I started taking more pics on my phone, so I think I will eventually get one. I'll let you know the quality and what the husband picks

I like Gimp for PC photo editing it does a nice job.
  • magj0y
    Options

I like Gimp for PC photo editing it does a nice job.

Have you looked into image viewr?
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Micah, follow me on Instagram, son! Yo_Andi :)
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Micah, follow me on Instagram, son! Yo_Andi :)

I did Andi!!! :D