Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out!

damn...im too late.

Great minds think alike.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend eats out he doesnt have any complaints...guess everyone is different though =D
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I go to a restaurant where I know that the nutrient information is not available, I do my best to choose the dish with the fewest ingredients and is either baked or grilled. That way when I am "guessing" I am more likely to be accurate. Please be careful too, with the info posted online for some chain restaurants. Chick-fil-a for example said that in their 4 (may have been 6) piece grilled chicken nuggets there were 20+ grams of protein... that is impossible!! I eat chicken on a very regular basis, so I have gotten very good at eyeballing the weight. There is no way that there is 3oz (min) worth of chicken in those nuggets! So, even though a restaurant may post their nutrition info, it is still only a guideline. Use your best judgement, over guess, and move on :)
  • embercakez
    Options
    I love to be eaten out.

I mean taken out to eat.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    business-cat-meme-generator-and-fot-that-reason-i-m-out-cb7411.jpg&sa=X&ei=0o9kUOu5DZOByQGO9oGgDQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFRrScTSe7HQzKpyo_YJJK1mnMplA
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out!

That's funny because I love being eaten out.

Taken, I mean taken out! Freudian slip....
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out!

That's funny because I love being eaten out.

There we go. Much less disappointed now.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend eats out he doesnt have any complaints...guess everyone is different though =D

Isn't it funny how you put up a sexy pic, even create a blog to avoid troubles and that next thing you know you're posting in a forum! :heart:'s Sweetie!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    i will be good i will be good i will be good
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I use this site for list of resturants and their calories

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points.html
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    the best way to eat out...

1. Study menu before hand, if possible, and narrow the healthy options out /count calories prior
    2. Stick to protein and vegetables. period.
    3. Sauces on the side.
    4. Ask how "grilled" items are cook, most of the time lots of butter..once you stop eating butter you will taste it in everything!.
    Then ask and smile please no butter or less butter.
    5. Finally eat half of what you get then put it in a to go box... always...you'll stretch a buck if you get to eat it for a second meal
    aaaand if your hungry later guess what ?? you can still flipping eat it !
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Really the only way to deal with this is to not eat out. I know that's not the answer you are looking for but it's true. But, if you do eat out frequently all you can do is estimate with things that are similar in the database. Even if a restaurant has nutritional info on their site, it's not always accurate so you aren't getting true numbers anyway.
    This. Like others have said try to find something as close as possible. The best way is to just cook your own meals.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Perfect solution: Don't eat out.

I really don't mean that sarcastically. Eating out at restaurants is probably the number one way to derail yourself. I can honestly say that by eating at home every day (with the very rare exception of special occasions) plus no soda and very little dairy, I have lost a sizable amount of weight, all without even trying all that hard. I know a lot of people say they don't have time to cook at home, but if you are devoted to fitness and want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

Restaurants=bad
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Eating out is not something to be taken lightly. You have to strike the right balance between concentrating and relaxing, otherwise it's not as enjoyable as it can be. . Spending too much time concentrating on every detail of eating out might be a good way to achieve the ultimate goal, but you have to enjoy yourself too and just dig in!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Eating out is not something to be taken lightly. You have to strike the right balance between concentrating and relaxing, otherwise it's not as enjoyable as it can be. . Spending too much time concentrating on every detail of eating out might be a good way to achieve the ultimate goal, but you have to enjoy yourself too and just dig in!

This!