LAST 10 LBS - any advice?

Options
Does anyone have advice or comments on the last 10 lbs? What is best? Keep the loss slow and go for .5/lb per week, or push hard on the exercise and up the calories? The last 10 have been slow and frustrating. I should really say - the last dress size.

I'm set to the 1200 calorie Net, but I often eat 1350 with no apologies for it. When I exercise I eat back my calories and am usually a little under on those days. I noticed that I don't lose eating more unless I am exercising like a crazy person (2 hours a day!). I don't believe in starving myself so the food i eat is bulky but low cal (veggies, mainly).

At this point, I'm excited that I'm close to the measurements I want, and my body has changed dramatically. I'd like to focus on getting leaner vs. getting smaller. I'd rather be a 10 than a 6 any day!

Current stats: 165 lbs, 5'7", age 34
Current exercise: 30DS, occasional run, walking, elliptical, circuit training at the gym. Excercise 2-5 times per week, time permitting. It's a priority, but some days I just can't make the time work.

Replies

• Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Crickets.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't have any miracle advice, but keep going. Maybe focus more on NSV's take measurements and keep going!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I need the same kind of advice ...Last 10 lbs are ?%&%$//" and I am polite :bigsmile:
    I will probably try to update my weight loss to 0.5 lbs a week but it's gonna be a very long road to me :grumble:
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, but I have 8-18lbs to go. If I don't get to the 18lbs I'd be happy with 8 pounds lost ;)

Have you tried P90X lean yet? Its what has helped me with losing 10lbs (but took 90 days )...also lost a lot of inches and toned. I've been losing 68lbs to date for the last 2 years...until getting focused on MFP and P90X is what broke my months and months of plateau.

I weigh 169.6 and am 5'8 and 39 years old.
    I have eaten TDEE with 20% reduction because I guess I'm one of those crazies that workout 2 hours a day...LOL!

I haven't gained, but a slower loss.... .5 lbs a week usually...but gotten up to a 1lbs a week loss too.
  • freaky4jesus
    Options
    LOSE TEN MORE and you won't gain it back!:flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I would set it to .5 pound a week. And keep up the exercise, especially the body weight resistance like Jillian, or add some other lifting. This will make you a smaller size better than the cardio will.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Up your calories some and start lifting heavy. You probably won't lose weight but you'll definitely change your shape.
  • tenlbtummy
    tenlbtummy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined to lose the last 5 pounds and it's working better than anything else I tried in the past - very quickly dropping. I'm set at 1200 calories/day and stick to it. Plus burn 150 to 200 calories on the eliptical maybe 3 times per week. I was always starving after work outs, so now get healthy snacks ready to grab every time. Lots of fresh fruits, veggies, salads, soups, yogurt, etc.

Good luck - you can do it!:happy:
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I have the last 8-10 to lose and it has been a pain BUT I started lifting and I lost a dress size in about 2 months but according to my scale I only lost 3 lbs.

Stop concentrating on the scale, add resistance and weight training and you will get down to the dress size you want!

I have my calories set at 1200 but I eat most of my work out calories back but try to net between 1200-1300 cals. Some days I go over but others I stay under so it balances out at the end of the week.

Good luck!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    One of my friends just told me that if you hit a plateau, just up your calories a couple hundred to help you out with it. When I hit mine, that's what I will do....
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Also losing the last ten pounds here.

Everything I've read is lower weekly goal to .5lb loss a week when you're trying to lose under 15lbs.

And hide your scale, it'll be frustrating, you'll want to quit, but keep at it and focus on your health. Apparently women's bodies get really cranky and stubborn when you try to lose the last fat cushions. Prepare for battle!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    ..double post.
  • Jesstruhan
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!
  • Jesstruhan
    Options
    Also losing the last ten pounds here.

Everything I've read is lower weekly goal to .5lb loss a week when you're trying to lose under 15lbs.

And hide your scale, it'll be frustrating, you'll want to quit, but keep at it and focus on your health. Apparently women's bodies get really cranky and stubborn when you try to lose the last fat cushions. Prepare for battle!

Thank you!! Hiding the scale is a great idea...I'm going to do this tonight!
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Crickets.

Bahahaha!