Off Topic - Need some help and prayers

Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
Ok I have been having a very rough time since this weekend with a person at work. I work with this person everyday for the last few years. I have had problems with them in one way or another for that length of time, not all the time but enough of the time that it is very stressful.

Anyway to the point, this situation has gotten out of hand once again. This time the principal with my school has gotten involved. There are a few people who know what is going on but overall not much has been said. Well he spoke to me because he said he could see I was upset. So I was perfectly honest with him amd told him what my thoughts were. He spoke to another person who knew what was going on. Then he spoke to the person I work with. After I was gone for the day but I have been told it was a very heated discussion.

Anyway I am very sick to my stomach about the whole situation. I know I have done the best I can but I am seriously worried about it. I don't handle confrontations of any sort well. And my instinct and experience with her tells me that is what she will want. I cannot express how scared and upset about it all I truly am.

So some prayers would be good.

Thanks everyone:sick: :sad:

Replies

• Eve23
    Ok I have been having a very rough time since this weekend with a person at work. I work with this person everyday for the last few years. I have had problems with them in one way or another for that length of time, not all the time but enough of the time that it is very stressful.

Anyway to the point, this situation has gotten out of hand once again. This time the principal with my school has gotten involved. There are a few people who know what is going on but overall not much has been said. Well he spoke to me because he said he could see I was upset. So I was perfectly honest with him amd told him what my thoughts were. He spoke to another person who knew what was going on. Then he spoke to the person I work with. After I was gone for the day but I have been told it was a very heated discussion.

Anyway I am very sick to my stomach about the whole situation. I know I have done the best I can but I am seriously worried about it. I don't handle confrontations of any sort well. And my instinct and experience with her tells me that is what she will want. I cannot express how scared and upset about it all I truly am.

So some prayers would be good.

Thanks everyone:sick: :sad:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Just be honest with her. There is no sense in being miserible by keeping it to yourself. It will be hard I am sure, but I am pretty sure you will feel better once you get it off your chest. Good luck!! I will say a prayer for strength for you!!
  • Todd
    Todd Posts: 22
    Eve23...You shall be in my prayers. God cares about our circumstances.
    The world says you made your bed now you lie in it.
    God (Jesus) says you made your bed...now scoot over!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I'm anxious just thinking about it, I hate confrontation as well. I have one thought, plan and prepare, you know her and at least you can prepare how to stand your ground, or what you might say depending on what she says. At least you'll have some thoughts in your mind so you are not caught off gaurd. Maybe write some of these thoughts down so when the pressures on they may come back to you easier. All the best...:sick: :frown: :flowerforyou:
    Anne
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I agree with deana plan and prepare. Stand your ground and don't back down from her. Your in the right so don't let her make you feel bad. My thoughts are with you:flowerforyou:

Stay strong and calm:glasses:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Don't take no crap- be strong and explain your feelings.
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    I will be praying for you that things work out. I don't know if you've tried anything like this, but here's what works for me. I am deathly afraid of confrontation too. so If I have an issue with someone I take some time to sit and pray about it and write down all my feelings. I write what I would like to say to the person. then by praying about it and reading it back over, sometimes I see areas where I'm at fault or where I need to make some compromise. But usually it just gives me more confidence to tell the person how I'm feeling. I can get my words out better on paper first and then I can usually say thing things I need to say to them in person.

Lord I pray that you will be with Eve throughout this situation. You know all the details and you know how it will all work out. I pray for my sister that you would give her the strength and confidence to say what needs to be said. Please continue to work in her heart and help her to show grace and love as she deals with her coworker. you have called us to be salt and light in this world, and you have also commanded us to go to someone if they have wronged us and make it right. Please calm eve's heart and her nerves and help her to not be physically sick over this. You are in control and you are a faithful God. You will not call us to do something without giving us the strength and the power to do it. I pray this in the name of our loving and gracious Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!!
    :happy:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    I agree with everything that has been said so far, and I will pray for you.

I hate confrontation too, but what has helped me in the past is what was suggested earlier: plan out your thoughts and feeling before hand, and pray about that and then as you enter into the conversation just give it up to God. Ask him to guide your words, thoughts, feelings. He really is quite good at all that so you can feel relieved that he will take it over for you.

By worrying too much over it you are giving the situation too much power. I always like the saying let go and let God.

I hope it goes well, :smile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I will be praying for you too. Trust in the Lord and He will give you the strength, courage and words to say to this person. I will be praying for peace for you and for a calm stomach and a calm mind. God does not want us to be anxious about anything but to trust Him with everything. He will get you through this.
    Mel
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    I'm the same as you, I avoid confrontation at all costs! I hope that you have peace about this situation and that God will help you through this. =o)
  • Eve23
    I truly do thank all of you for your wise words. I will soon see what today will bring. I don't know if it is a wise plan but since I work in a school if she chooses to begin a loud conversation I plan to walk away and talk to the principal. He knows the situation and is aware of her issues. I pray it won't come to that. I know that I will not be able to speak my mind with her so it is important that what I do say will be said with care.

I will let you know how things go. I hope in my heart that the principal will hear my request to work with someone else but we shall see.

Thank you everyone you give me heart I am not alone.
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    I would suggest talking with this person only if there is a mediator present. That will help assure the full truth comes out.
    Emotions can cause people to say things that they will regret later. Remember as you talk to this person that even though they may be wrong, out of line,.......that God still loves them, Jesus died for them, and you just may be the one that God wants to use to reach them.
    I will pray for you.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    I wouldn't say I enjoy confrontation, but I'm not afraid of it either. My coworkers were easily intimated by me for years, which I find shocking as I am only 4' 11" and basically very work oriented, I certainly never went out of my way to start trouble. I look back today and see that supervisors often used that trait to get what they wanted. When I managed a restaurant chain, they sent me to a store, sent me an employee to work with, and it was my job to document their shortcomings so we could legally fire them. Once I got into teaching, the agency saw enough potential in me to send me to many, many, many workshops on communication. My favorite was the one that identified your supervising style. I was a shark, meaning I was assertive and outspoken. Both of my supervisors were ostriches, meaning they just let employees do whatever they wanted and turned their back on issues in the workplace. When if came time to elect a new union president, guess who got, hands down, yes, me, the intimidating one.

Anyway, I'm saying all that to say this. This is an awesome time for you to grow in this area. Remain calm, try to be emotionless, be logical, and do use a mediator. What I would not do, is continue as things are because it's only making you sick and it's not worth it. Let us know how things turn out.
  • Eve23
    Well today was pretty much the same as usual. Tense for everyone involved. The principal has actually asked that I meet with her. Quite honestly I am ready to walk. I know they won't move me into another area and I am just not sure it is worth all of this.

I have not been happy at this job since the beginning. Probably a good extent is because I have to work with her. But needless to say I have put far to much into the worry and such to do any good. I can see that this is very one sided. Regardless of what I can say.

So I guess I will be looking to make some changes. I have said this before but I have stayed but at this point unless I can be moved next year I will not return.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    You got it Eve. Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    We are all removed from the situation and you are the only one who knows the reality.

That being said, I understand your fear of confrontation. I think we all have a certain amount in us - it just depends of the circumstances.

By leaving your job with the school, won't you be giving this woman exactly what she wants? She has obviously been quite the bully. But why give her the satisfaction of pushing you out?

Obviously, if this situation and the stress it causes is running into other parts of your life, you may be making the smartest decision.