Need help with motivation to exercise :(

Options
I have a physical job where I am on my feet all day. I have to do various kinds of patrols and the nature of the work is quite physical. I really like my job but it is exhausting. I started 2 months ago and ever since then I have found it hard to push myself to do my normal cardio. I never have two consecutive days off, so what usually happens is that I am so tired that I go to bed early and sleep in on the days off, then after a little food go back to sleep and wake up at like 4 or 5 in the afternoon. I am that tired! So I am not getting much done on my days off in general, not just avoiding the gym.

I know that cardio is very important and that I should push myself but I am so tired! And the reality is that I keep losing weight even without the cardio, so with that fact it is hard to push myself to go.

Replies

• aoikirin
    Options
    bump
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    no matter how tired you are if you really want this you'll do it at the moment all I see are excuses ... I work full time and am a full time single mother of two children 4 and 3 and I still manage to exercise 15times a week ... I want it really bad.. no-one can push you to do it only you can push yourself...
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Your body could still be getting used to your new job, with the increased level of activity & not having a longer break. Perhaps take it easy for another few weeks and step it back up gradually?
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You are prob doing enough cardio at your new job and your body is getting used to the incease in activity!! I work 7day weeks and find it best for me to do a quick workout when I get home I just get ready and do it if I sit down I dont wana get back up lol .
    Also worst thing to do is nap!! Iv done it you get used to it and wana keep napping and it takes ages to get out of the habit BREAK IT NOW lol when you feel like a nap take a wee walk round the streets even, plus I read somewhere that a walk after you eat can help with weight loss ? Either way napping sucks lol ((well for me anyway before I get some1 tell me im talkinf crap lol))
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    If you're still losing weight, why stress? You have a physical job so it's not like you're sat at a desk all day. Yes cardio is great but it's not the be all and end all of being fit. If you're worried about losing muscle while you diet then get a few weights you can use at home. The point is that your lifestyle has to be sustainable or you won't sustain it, and that is the most unhealthy risk of all.