Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Good days.... Bad days.... Im I the only one to have them???

I have days when I am so strong when it comes to food then I have days its everything I can do not TO EAT MY SELF in to the ground.. So do you have the same problem or am I the only one? If you do tell me how you handle it. What do you do to over come it..

Replies

• tahawairua
    tahawairua Posts: 26 Member
    I'm sure everyone has good and bad days. During the bad days, I'm forever analysing what it would mean to go outside the diet. It starts off with, is it really that bad just to have one bite? Which is normally followed by, if you have one bite, you're more than likely to have the whole slice. Then its, well you've had a whole slice, might as well have another. By this time, the self critical mode comes out and I'm like, what's the point of all this?

Then I take a step back and tell myself, you've come this far, you can do this!
  • Jenndragonflys
    Jenndragonflys Posts: 13 Member
    Everyone has bad days!!I think that's normal. If your craving something you could try to work it in your calories. Maybe even just have a little piece, so your not depriving yourself. That's when I always start to go down hill- when I say I can't have it!! So let's say you want chocolate- maybe have a piece or even half & not the whole bar? That way your getting a taste? That way it is easier to work into your calories... Hope this helps a little :)
  • Sh00z
    Sh00z Posts: 9 Member
    This is only my second week and i have definitely had a couple bad days! Went over but I didn't beat myself up. Went to bed and when I woke up it was a new day with a new start. I also try to think it through and my goals. I try to find something healthy and with less calories that will be just as satisfying! Good luck...add me as a friend if you would like!
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    I used to smoke. When I got it into my head to quit, I would have great resolve for a few days, then I would start up again. After awhile I would quit again, then after a few days, back at it. I would continue this cycle until I found that I can last longer and longer without a smoke. Then one day I went cold turkey and I have never looked back.

I think bad food/diet is like this as well. I just keep picking myself back up and reasserting myself and I'm finding that it's getting easier as time goes by. You slip, you get up again. Repeat until you have your control.