Lower Back Pain "HELP"

Options
2»

Replies

• jlplove
    Options
    Thanks! thanks! thanks! So much for all of your suggestions!
  • gjbaackers
    gjbaackers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have to go to the chiropractor on a very regular basis, then I am fine. I ice also when I get home.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    TWO WORDS........ tempurpedic bed

Is that Memory Foam? I heard that those beds make "relations" difficult...
  • jlplove
    Options
    TWO WORDS........ tempurpedic bed

Is that Memory Foam? I heard that those beds make "relations" difficult...

Yeah, I know! My sister says it does at first, but then you get used to it.... Also my mom says it makes her sweat when she sleeps.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I do the treadmill and the Elpitical machine for my workouts, I thought they were both pretty low impact.
    Elliptical should be fine - I'm quite a heavy runner, so treadmill is certainly not 'low impact'.
    Generally running is considered high impact I believe - whole weight of your body repeatedly landing from being in the air on one bit.
    I'd suggest you cut the treadmill out for the moment - maybe some cycling or rowing instead?
    Of course, observe good form with any weights and stop the second you feel any/more pain in your back.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I injured my back last September working out. I rested it a few days, then went back to working out. Long story short, I made it worse and now. 12 months, 4 thousand dollars in deductibles, I am on my third injection into my back and having another MRI tomorrow morning. Back issues are very serious and you should see a dr. There is no way to tell what you have done.

Ouch! Not good.... I will give it a week, then head to the doctor if it is still hurting.

If you dont mind me asking, is there any excersing you are doing now? Or are you banned from it?

I was banned for 5 months and let me tell ya, I broke down and started bawling right there in the dr office. I was in the middle of training for a half marathon and she is telling me no running?

I just had my second MRI on my back this morning, we will see what happens next. I can walk, swim and do the elliptical. I do want to wait to see the results from this last test before I start lifting again. I tweaked my back doing flies, its not even like I did major damage to it all at once. I just kept working out and running, which ended up causing me more harm than good in the long run. But then again, for some reason, I must insist on learning my lessons the hard way.

Please do go to the dr if your back pain continues. I will suggest ibuprofen and icing it in case there is swelling, it could help.
  • jlplove
    Options
    Well I hope that this MRI shows good news for you. I will take your advice and head to the doctor, just in case. :smile: