Where in the world do you want to visit and why?

Options
TorontoDiane
TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
I love travelling!!!! would love to do more of it... I want to go to Russia, for the allure of it... Romania... cause it looks hauntingly interesting... Lapland region., because I think to see the beauty in the sky would be a fantastic sight...

where have I been??? lived in Ontario, Canada (various cities) and the United Kingdom. (Scotland).

places I have visited:
a lot of the Canadian Provinces, many of the United States, Puerto Rico and Hawaii,Scotland,England,Wales
touched down in Ireland (doesn't count)
France,Belgium,Holland,Germany,
Bahamas,Puerto Rico
Mexico many times (before it got touristy)
Guatemala
Virgin Islands,Dominican Republic
Australia,
New Zealand (layover - doesn't count),
Fiji ,Hawaii

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO????

Replies

• Anaconda62
    Options
    (Almost) EVERYWHERE.

There are a few places that I would like to go more than any others:

Florence or the Amalfi Coast, Italy
    Greek Isles
    Spain
    Seychelles (or any beautiful island)
    New Zealand (I'm a big LOTR fan and would love to see the places it was filmed, but I wanted to go there even before the film came out)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Smallmouth fishing on Erie

Peacock Bass fishing in Brazil

Nile perch fishing in Egypt

Salmon fishing in Alaska/Canada
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    I agree about wanting to go everywhere...

I would love to go to Italy for a long time too and the Greek Islands look so serene and beautiful

Spain looks like a lot of fun

Seychelles in the Indian Ocean seems like paradise to me

New Zealand... I only had a lay over in Auckland... would love to spend time there as well...

so much of this beautiful world to visit

Its so nice so many people on here from various countries. I have learned alot from my fitness pal friends !!!!
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    Taylor seems you have researched quite a few of the great fishing areas of the world !!!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    EGYPT. I'm just obsessed with the ancient egyptian culture and anything related to it. I'm even thinking of doing a tattoo inspired by them.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I love to travel, Ive been lucky but there are lots of places im still missing!.. Cant die without visiting:

-Egypt (love the history!, I wanna go inside the pyramids, even tho a friend went and told me you cant go inside if you are claustrophobic hehe)
    -Israel (Jerusalem and all the historic places)
    -Bora Bora (beautiful!!)
    -Greece (hmmmm.. good looking guys :blushing: )
    -Moscow (during winter, I love cold weather)
    -Alaska, to have a dog sleigh ride :smile:
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love to travel. I adapt to my surroundings and love to explore. I would go to Ireland, Italy, and Israel. Those are off the top of my head. There are so many other places I want to experience!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Italy to eat all the food

Greece for the pure beauty

Germany during Oktoberfest to drink all the beer
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love to travel, Ive been lucky but there are lots of places im still missing!.. Cant die without visiting:

-Egypt
    -Bora Bora
    -Greece
    -Moscow (during winter)

Moscow in the winter? Giiiiirl you crazy! lol. But, I do love Moscow...especially during spring/summer. ;)
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    Rita

I do not blame you about Egypt... archeology alone would send me there

thats why I spent a great deal of time in Mexico and Central America ... fascinating by pyramids, culture and history... I used to travel to Mexico in the early 1980s when it was not taken over by the tourist trade

I hope that by posting this topic... many people will find a way to visit a special place they have dreamed of
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

-Egypt
    -Bora Bora
    -Greece
    -Moscow (during winter)

Moscow in the winter? Giiiiirl you crazy! lol. But, I do love Moscow...especially during spring/summer. ;)

yep! :laugh: I love cold weather so I have to experience it
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I want to go back to South Africa, especially Cape Town and go shark cage diving and actually climb Table Mountain this time
  • TorontoDiane
    Options

-Egypt (love the history!, I wanna go inside the pyramids, even tho a friend went and told me you cant go inside if you are claustrophobic hehe)
    -Bora Bora (beautiful!!)
    -Greece (hmmmm.. good looking guys :blushing: )
    -Moscow (during winter, I love cold weather)

we seem to adore fascinating places

Bora Bora seems idylic to me, Alaska ... just like Moscow we would freeze but would be such a fun trip
  • big_drake
    Options
    I would like to go to visit the Ireland/England/Scotland area. Because its my homeland.

BUT if I had to pick just one place to go visit (live actually) it would be Japan. I spent 10 days there and it was the best ever. The food was great, the people were great and I'm down with all the history. I saw wooden pagodas that were over 700 years old. To me it's just an amazing place and I never even got close to Tokyo. I'm all about Osaka.

Hanshin Tigers!
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    I want to go back to South Africa, especially Cape Town and go shark cage diving and actually climb Table Mountain this time

now that would be cool

I spent time in the Great Barrier Reef area of Australia...lucky for me though the day I was to get scuba training... I was sea sick from the boat trip out there... and 6 people on my tour were stung by dangerous stinger jellyfish and hospitalized... but saw many sharks while there..

you are adventurous
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yellowknife, canada - northern lights
    croatia - waterfalls
    patagonia / easter island - do i need a reason
    the moon
    crystal palace caves in mexico
    belize for fishing
    all the national parks (i've been to quite a few already, #nationalparknerd)
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Nova Sotia...I have not been there for 33 years since I was five years
    old and I still miss it. The ocean is beautiful. One day I will get there!
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    erin... such cool places you have picked...

you have such an interesting streak to you...

I do hear they are accepting applications for the trip to Mars.... however one way trip only ... as they have not figured out if they can return people once they arrive...

I was fascinating reading that but I really would not want to live out my life there... if it was a little week trip or something that would be ok... but apparently 6-8 months to arrive there ... stuck in a capsule... forget it !!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I live in California, USA.

I have been:

Some states in USA (Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, Luisiana, Alaska, Hawaii),
    Some places in Canada (Victoria, Border near Montana, Naigra Falls),
    Mexico,
    Honduras,
    Carribbean,
    Virgin Islands (US And Non-US sides),
    Italy,
    France,
    Jamaica.

Places I want to visit:
    China (It's where my grandparents are from),
    Alaska (Been here, but want to go back and see Northern Lights!)
    Spain (It's a beautiful place and I can definitely practice my spanish)
    Europe (pretty much anywhere in Europe, and Italy/France again)
  • althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i would enjoy visiting Cambridge, England for the library.
    india for the guruji and the northern China and Wudang mountain range for the internal energy and external body arts