Adventures in Psychotherapy: Losing Ego-Weight

Options
So today, as I was telling my therapist about MFB and how awesome all of you are, eating Dove Bliss Chocolates out of her candy dish and licking the evil off my fingers, she pointed out to me that a healthy relationship with self includes the responsibility for self-stewardship; that while my ego may be causing a disproportional emphasis to be placed on physical beauty, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Being sexy and knowing it can motivate me to move in the right direction, so as long as I can transfer those goals onto the right desired outcome, being sexy is not necessarily an undesirable side-effect. I don't have to hate myself for being superficial. This comes as a great relief, since I have a hard time resisting my own sexual advances, and would have loved to rub the chocolate all over myself rejoicefully.

Of course that's kinda what happens when it turns into fat, so I have to be careful what I ask for!! LOL ... We proceeded to have a great discussion about emotional boundaries. I think today's session was worth the time of going - what a blessing to indulge in self-awareness, and come out a better person than I was before.