How Did You Do It?

Options
2»

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i've lost 24 lbs in 7 weeks. Nothing miraculous, but still quick.
    My diary is open, but I eat 5 meals a day, totalling around 1200 calories. Tons of water (I make my own selzer), fruits, veggies, and very little or no bread. My carbs come from oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat wrap, beans, and sometimes a rice cake or two.

cardio is just walking - around 5 times a week for 30 minutes.

I'll up my calories and incorporate weight training when I lose another 20 or so- right now I have a lot of fat to lose before I worry about building muscle.
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to see how different the approaches can be with the same results. I think the most important thing is listening to your own body to see what's working.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not all the way "done" but in general, I eat all my calories between 12:30 pm and 8:30 pm. I exercise every day, alternating heavy strength training and cardio. I eat low carb because it just works out that way, I don't make "low-carb" decisions or necessarily try to avoid them. But since I eat very limited grains, they are naturally lower (I aim for 15% carb, 25% protein, 60% fat.) I eat meats, veggies, nuts, seeds, some fruit, some dairy, probably 75-80% of the time. Weekends I don't stress about it, eat what I want, be that "good" or "bad". I always get back to it on Monday without too much repercussion from the weekend. I know this isn't the fastest way to lose weight, but it it totally sustainable for me and I can see myself doing it years from now, just as I have the last 1-1/2+ years. My goal right now is to to make the weekends less free-for-all and have a little more restraint so it's more like 90/10.

ETA: The way I eat doesn't require counting calories, but I do because I like keeping tabs that I am in the ballpark. I don't stress with overages or underages. (I aim for 1500 + all my exercise calories, as MFP counts them, even knowing that their calories burned count is likely too high.) Also, by eating them all in a roughly 8 hour window, I eat three decent-sized meals in a row, around 12:30, 3:30 and 6:00. And sometimes a snack around 8:00.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    2 meals a day, no special foods (I did do Keto for about 60lbs), intermittent fasting, counting calories, high protein, strength training, and cardio.

Find what works for you and run with it, it takes time so patience is key.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!