Smoothie Detox

Options
Hi all,

Can you please recommend a detox diet plan? Nothing crazy like the lemon detox but I would like to do a smoothie detox diet without any supplements! :)

Thanks!

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    it's a setup.
  • kiramonkey97
    Options
    Detoxes aren't good for your body, so if you must do one then make sure to be having some sort of food a long with it.

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2010/08/the-healthy-way-to-detox-slideshow

This might be helpful, it's just ways to detox without harming your body.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Can you please recommend a detox diet plan?

What are you hoping to accomplish with this? Not sarcastic on my part--- genuine question.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Super quick detoxes might be bad for you. If you start eating healthy, you will detox in a gradual manner that is easy on your body. Exercise is great for detox, as it burns fat, which is where toxins generally store.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    That green thickie challenge actually looks decent. It should actually be really good for you.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Eat wholesome nutritious food for about 80% of your diet. Your body will "detox" itself.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Your liver will do that for you. Yay Liver!
  • greenthickies
    Options
    That green thickie challenge actually looks decent. It should actually be really good for you.

Thank you. I lost 5 pounds on my 7 day challenge (to shift the last few pounds I was carrying) and people with more to lose have lost more weight. The best thing about it is you don't go hungry and still lose weight. It is actually really good for you, you'll get more natural energy.

I drink smoothies twice a day along with a cooked meal in the evening and feel great all day.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I don't do green smoothies (yet) but I have smoothies every morning… Gonna do pumpkin today… that is a first for me...
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat very healthy and nutritious foods already and just feel like doing something different :) Thanks for the green thickie challenge suggestion! I just had a look at your page and subscribed.. unfortunately I am late to the challenge but I guess I can start this on my own and utilize all those awesome recipies with my normal meals. Thank you :)
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    drink water, urinate, detox complete.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have a great detox smoothie! Just ice, water, and ex-lax and blend for 30 seconds. You can add any flavor you like!
    Enjoy one every two hours and you should be detoxed in just a day!
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I lost 5 pounds on my 7 day challenge (to shift the last few pounds I was carrying) and people with more to lose have lost more weight. The best thing about it is you don't go hungry and still lose weight. It is actually really good for you, you'll get more natural energy.

I drink smoothies twice a day along with a cooked meal in the evening and feel great all day.

I used to make green smoothies all the time and then got out of the habit. I may just have to join your challenge. Is there a group on here?