ponytails

Options
KatiaClouse
KatiaClouse Posts: 27 Member
I try really hard not to be judgmental of what other women do at the gym, especially if it's possible I'm just guilty of hating on them because they're younger and firmer than myself. So rather than say WTF is up with that, I'm asking if there are any here that fit the description and can " 'splain this to me, Lucy."

Do any of you women (or men, I guess, for that matter....) with long, voluminous hair, work out with your hair down? Doesn't it bother you? I can't imagine getting on the treadmill for a run without having my hair in a ponytail. In fact, I got so distracted by the baby-hair flyaways in front that I bought headbands specifically for when I run.

I just always feel like it's purely for aesthetics, which of course thereafter annoys me.

Replies

• GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I just got mine permed.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I always lift with mine down. Gets in the way of laying nom the bench. As soon as k start cardio though I twist it up.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Always pin it up, when I'm sweaty and my hair touches me it makes me want to shave my head lol
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Always pin it up, when I'm sweaty and my hair touches me it makes me want to shave my head lol

Exactly. I consider cutting my hair after every workout. :grumble:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    My idea of looking pretty at the gym is remembering to take off the eyeliner under my eyes. I can't wear my hair down when I work out, eat, or work (at my job). My hair is pretty much only down when I'm trying to impress someone lol
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    oh hell no, if i let mine down to work out ill blined myself and (before i cut off 3 feet of it this year) who evers near by. that and it gets to be a bigg swety mess and stick to everything
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I cut it all off. Its now pixie short. :bigsmile:
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be up when I am working out. I have contemplated cutting it off so many times in the past few months, but then realized I would have to keep it short or go through that awkward growing out phase again.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i forgot my hair tie once, but i tied it in a knot when i was on the tread mill.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If I still look cute at the end of a workout then I haven't trained hard enough.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have dreadlocks so its not a problem.
  • kraebear
    Options
    I have to pull mine up, otherwise hair is everywhere. I also hate when I'm sweaty and hair is sticking to me. I pull it back to work out, eat chicken wings, and to ....ahem.. you know.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    lol sometimes I start my workout with my hair down trying to look all cute....then halfway through (drowned rat mode) I give up and throw it up in a gross wet knotted tail....(you're welcome for that visual).

Its really only when I do cardio that it bugs me though. I leave it down for everything else, including pilates and yoga.
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I don't know why I even have long hair. It is up in a pony 90% of the time and always at the gym. I'll drive all the way home for a ponyband if I need one.