Electronic scales VS. Dial Analog Scales.

Options
So here is my story.

For the last month I really have not been losing any weight and it had been irritating me. So I had been intensifying workouts like crazy because I wanted some results! So today is Thursday so it was strength day #2 for this week so I weighed myself on the community center scale. The scale says I weigh around 205 pounds! Well this becomes a shocker to me because it's quite different from the various home readings I get (215-219),

So what would you guys say is right? My electronic scale or the dial scale??

Replies

• fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Every scale will be different regardless of what kind it is. I have a scale at my gym and at home, both are digital but both read differently (usually about a 5lb difference). I always stick with my home scale when it comes to my weigh-ins even though my gym scale tells me a lower #. Also, I make sure I am weighing myself at the same time of the day since weight will fluctuate throughout the day. Good luck to you :)
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every scale will be different regardless of what kind it is. I have a scale at my gym and at home, both are digital but both read differently (usually about a 5lb difference). I always stick with my home scale when it comes to my weigh-ins even though my gym scale tells me a lower #. Also, I make sure I am weighing myself at the same time of the day since weight will fluctuate throughout the day. Good luck to you :)
    Well typically the analogs have given me the same weight or around, and I was wondering if our scale is screwed up because it is kind of odd. Once I weighed myself and it said one weight (I do double checks) and I weighed myself a minute later to see and the weight was totally off.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Maybe there is something wrong with your scale then? If your finding the analog ones to be more consistant maybe stick with that then. I have to be sure to put the scale in the same spot everytime because it will sometimes give different readings if it's put in different spots on the floor. It's weird. I dont think any scale is perfect, just have to find what works best for you.