KFC

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
Tonight for dinner I had a small fry, medium Dr. Pepper with lots of ice, and a twister; I feel amazing. This is the second "bad" meal that I had in a month and I felt it was time for one.

It feels good to not have any guilt about eating fast food because I know that I'm active enough in my gym to enjoy an indulgence every now and then.

The reason I'm posting this:

If you're active and have a small indulgence whether it's the combo meal from Wendy's or a chocolate bar, be happy that you have the ability to exercise tomorrow and that you're committed.

Don't sweat the small stuff because changing your lifestyle is a journey not a one chance joyride.

Replies

• Helawat
    Options
    Tonight for dinner I had a small fry, medium Dr. Pepper with lots of ice, and a twister; I feel amazing. This is the second "bad" meal that I had in a month and I felt it was time for one.

It feels good to not have any guilt about eating fast food because I know that I'm active enough in my gym to enjoy an indulgence every now and then.

The reason I'm posting this:

If you're active and have a small indulgence whether it's the combo meal from Wendy's or a chocolate bar, be happy that you have the ability to exercise tomorrow and that you're committed.

Don't sweat the small stuff because changing your lifestyle is a journey not a one chance joyride.
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AMEN :bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    That's an amazingly good choice for a "treat" meal. I would have been a lot worse.
    Hey what ever works right? I mean, besides the frying part, that isn't all that bad, what is it, about 1000 calories or so? Probably.
    Good for you.

:drinker:
  • Helawat
    Options
    It was 830 scrumptious calories. ^_^
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    It was 830 scrumptious calories. ^_^

not horrible! I woulda gone for the "bucket" ooh, man. I can't think about things like that, that's what got me to 40 lbs overweight in the first place!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I think that if you enjoy the occassional indulgence like that and truely enjoy it, it will benefit you in the long run - you don't feel deprived and you learn to live "out there" where, sometimes, you just have something not completely healthy - and it's o.k.!!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. One bad meal is not going to ruin your plan. I have been wanting a burger and shake from Steak and Shake but I can't bring myself to it, but that's a good thing! A shake alone is almost 1000 calories!!! But they are soooooooooooooooooo good. :tongue: