A pound for a pound?

pea26
pea26 Posts: 23
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My friend suggested that i start a little unopenable money pot.....for every pound i loose i should put a pound in to the pot.... so when i reach my goal weight, not only should i be over the moon for my new found health and shape i will have a lovely amount of muller to go shopping with!!

I believe if i start my pot now, i should have £42.00, which would certainley get me a lovely new outfit from primark at least :D

xx

Replies

• kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    I quite like the idea of putting money aside until you've reached your goal, but instead of a pound for a pound why not every time you have a craving for a bar of chocolate, takeaway or other vice, instead of buying that you stick with a low calorie homemade option?! Then put the money you should have spent aside. If you're looking to lose 42 lbs and get anywhere near as many bad cravings as I do then hopefully you should be able to treat yourself to a day at a spa or even a makeover photo shoot to showcase the fab new you with the money saved!!!
  • pea26
    pea26 Posts: 23
    that made me chuckle because on my cravings alone i could afford a cruise! hehe. Its a good idea though, i just like the overall idea of having a reward at the end of it all.
    I think im going to buy one of those nice clay pots that have things written on the front like 'chocolate fund' ....think il find a 'shopping spree' fund ....the only way you can get your pennys out is by smashing the lovely pot. So at least i know i wont be able to dip into it when im strapped for cash, jeopordising my success fund!
    xx
  • I really like this idea! Might try it myself with one of those money saver tin thingies!
This discussion has been closed.