Iron

Options
WDEvy
WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
Anyone has any good suggestion for iron rich food? I can't eat red meat and I already eat a lot of spinach but it's stil not enough. Thanks

Replies

• kesmarie
    Options
    Hi, foods like sardines, turkey, chicken, lentils, beans, silverbeet and dried apricots are packed with iron.
    Check out www.webmd.com and search iron rich foods, thats where I got info, gives you a list and which types of iron are in which foods.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, beans are good for iron. I take a Centrum Women's multivitamin every day and when I get tested at the red cross it has been pretty good. I don't eat any red meat, no sea food, and not much chicken. If I didn't take that multivitamin every day, I would be low....have been turned away several times before from giving blood because of it!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    old fashioned or steel cut oats i think. pretty much anything whole grain. but red meat is the best source that the body can get for iron.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just a note here - not everything in the MFP database has the iron entered. Same for calcium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C. So don't go by your stats on those unless you are checking and correcting everything you log.