At what speed do you walk/run on the treadmill?

Options
Hi,

what is speed and the incline that you use during your treadmill session?

I started out at 3.4 at an incline of 3-4, since I had poor stamina, right now going good at 4 mph and inclining to 6-7.
how do you do it?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I vary what I do between 3.5 and 6.0
  • juliebeesd
    Options
    I jog at about 4. When I first started, I thought I needed to be at a fast pace and burned out so quickly. At 4, I was able to get up to two miles without stopping (which was quite an accomplishment for me)! I'm sure my pace will increase over time.
  • acegrassmasters
    acegrassmasters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I walk on the tread mill at a speed of 3 - 3.5 with an incline of 3-5
  • ann5721
    Options
    Im more focused on calories burned so you can modify your speed and incline to achieve the desired calories burn. For me average speed of 6 and incline of 1.5 -2 at 37 minutes will give me a burn of 350 Kcal. What heps also is my heart monitor as it gives me a good indication whether i have achieve my exercise heart rate target which is at 145 and calorie burn target. Hope this helps
  • rladd6421
    Options
    when i do the treadmill i use a pace of 4 and an incline of 15.
  • postcall
    postcall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Whatever speed I dont have to hold on to anything. I guess that is cheating lol. For me its 2.2-2.4 mph 15 incline. Again much faster if I hold onto stuff but trying not to.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I walk at 3 mph, jog at 4 mph in 5 or 10 minute intervals until my lungs stop being cry babies (yay asthma! :grumble: ).
    I have my incline set at four.
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    Tonight I did intervals of 3.4 miles per hour and 7.5 mph on an incline of 5 for 21 minutes. My legs now ache!! If I go for longer I go anything between 4.5 and 6mph on lower inclines x
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    What's a treadmill?
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi,

what is speed and the incline that you use during your treadmill session?

I started out at 3.4 at an incline of 3-4, since I had poor stamina, right now going good at 4 mph and inclining to 6-7.
    how do you do it?

i usually do 4-4.5 at incline 15. burn alot of cals without damaging my joints.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Today I did 10 incline at 3.5-5. I was on for 40 mins and feeling it now.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Usually I jog on the treadmill at about a 6.5 or a 7. Last night I jogged at an 8 (7 1/2 minute mile) for about 20 minutes but it really tired me out.
  • joshsmama05
    Options
    I had some asthma issues and then a cold so I'm not where I would like to be....but I'm currently at about 3.5 with a 3-6 incline. Hoping to increase a little in the next few days.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I look like a big puss next to all the other posters...

I usually walk/jog at 3-3.5mph...and I always do hill intervals. I am on level 7 right now, and that means the top interval is 5.6%. It randomly generates the intervals, but usually does something like 5.6%, 4.9%, 3.6% 2.9%,1.9%, 0%, then maybe 3 minutes at 2.9% and so on....

I am also asthmatic, and I pre-treat with albuterol a few minutes before getting on the treadmill...
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I run at 6.5 mph at a 3% incline and walk 4.4 mph at a 6% incline....I burn almost 600 calories in an hour.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I walk at a 4.2 with an incline of 3 (I know, lame)

I go at this pace for around 35-45 minutes or so lately. Trying to improve endurance before I bump up my speed! Before my maximum I could do at even a 3.4 was around 15 minutes. I'm fairly new at walking for extended periods of time so I've got a lot to improve on!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Incline of 1.0. Walk at 3.3 for 5 minutes. Run at 5.2 for a minute. Alternate running and walking for 30 minutes. You all inspired me - I'm increasing the incline to 2.0.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    What's a treadmill?

It's your first line of defense in the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie-treadmil-defense1.jpg
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can survive about 20-odd minutes at the low 3s (and the incline around 5 or 6) before my knees hurt too much to continue. I've taken to using the elliptical instead, though it doesn't get my heart rate quite as high. :grumble:
  • country91
    country91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    3-3.5, no incline for an hour. Throw the laptop on top and away we go.