KFC

Options

Replies

• skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Swap it for somewhere with some lower calorie options maybe? Pizza Express has 500 calorie pizzas with a hole of salad - I love them. Although they are more expensive if you search online you can usually find vouchers for a fair bit of money off.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I think it's impossible to totally cut out 'bad' stuff...this isn't a 'diet' for me it's a better eating plan. I'm at maintenance now. KFC or fast food is something I rarely have.
    But grilled chicken /salad it will be :smile:

Well enjoy your day out with your sister x

I love KFC...but only as a treat. When we went to Egypt there was one in Sharm...we had it twice in the two weeks we were there and the second time it wasn't so good.
    I couldn't eat vast amounts of it.
    But thank you x
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Go to Mcdonalds and get the chicken snack wrap!
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Its possible my sister will be taking me for KFC after we go shopping today....
    What would the best choice to have?
    on a diet, eat none of it as it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sinful
    in the real world
    Original Salad 263
    Kids minl Fiilet burger 268
    Pepsi diet 1

Meal done. you happy, sister happy.
    MFP zelots oh so unhappy
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    KFC is my weakness. I try to only go once a month at most, but when I do go, I normally have the boneless banquet with gravy as the side and water as the drink (but that's because I don't really care for fizzy drinks). Not sure what your calorie goal is, but this is only 774 cals in the UK, which usually fits in mine. In fact, that's what I had for tea last night... om nom nom tasty chicken... :laugh:

Have a nice day out with your sister! :flowerforyou:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I accompany my friends to places all the time while they eat and I don't. As long as I'm not bothered by it, why should they be?
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken on bun, corn on the cob
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Its possible my sister will be taking me for KFC after we go shopping today....
    What would the best choice to have?
    on a diet, eat none of it as it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sinful
    in the real world
    Original Salad 263
    Kids minl Fiilet burger 268
    Pepsi diet 1

Meal done. you happy, sister happy.
    MFP zelots oh so unhappy

I think you mean zealots? I think the OP has had pretty constructive advice on this thread personally....besides which, she's an adult, I'm pretty sure she will choose to go where she wants to eat and not be overly bothered about the random opinions on here....
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've been to KFC.

I asked for grilled chicken salad.

They made me a grilled chicken salad.

I ate the salad, it was nice.

True story.
  • jesz124
    Options
    I accompany my friends to places all the time while they eat and I don't. As long as I'm not bothered by it, why should they be?

Same. No one seems bothered if you choose to just get a drink. Doesn't effect them at the end of the day :smile:
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Affect.

;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i LOVE KFC, and wouldnt give it up!!! i would work out before/ after you go out for extra cals. in the UK they do a grilled chicken bbq sandwich thingy which is about 645 cals with fries, i dont think that is loads if its your main meal. and its loads of protein!!

enjoy! one KFC wont make you fat!
  • jesz124
    Options
    Affect.

;)

I think not. Read http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/affect.html :laugh:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I always get 2 drumsticks :P
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Affect.

;)
    And the winner is... you!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The important thing is to plan ahead and have a backup in case they are out of those items. Order smalls of everything, maybe even kid sized portions. Drink lots of water because it is sure to have a lot of sodium. Exercise before or after to earn some extra calories. Eating fast food once in a while is not going to hurt you, it's when you eat it all the time that it does damage.

http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/
  • jesz124
    Options
    Affect.

;)
    And the winner is... you!

Hmm think someone needs to get their dictionary out...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    white meat grilled chicken and peel off the skin. As for sides, the mashed potatoes, corn w/o butter, and green beans aren't bad. Baked beans also not terrible. Side salad with lite dressing is always an option. Avoid mac and cheese, biscuits, anything fried.
  • jesz124
    Options
    Oh god I am sat here having a spelling debate on a KFC thread at 8.30 in the morning whilst I could be at the gym doing something productive. Seriously I need to have a word with myself...arguing with randoms about word meaning....I officially now spend too much time on here and am becoming a MFP geek.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    i LOVE KFC, and wouldnt give it up!!! i would work out before/ after you go out for extra cals. in the UK they do a grilled chicken bbq sandwich thingy which is about 645 cals with fries, i dont think that is loads if its your main meal. and its loads of protein!!

enjoy! one KFC wont make you fat!

Thanks! I looked on their nutritional website thingy and that's what I will have. Got lots of exercise cals left over from yesterday so can afford to ' splash' out a little.
    Will make sure I drink loads of water.