Live plateaued, help !!

Options
After about three weeks using MFP I've lost 1 stone in weight which is great. I've got about another stone to go but find that this week I've plateaued in weight.

I'm eating under 1310 calories a day and doing 2 miles on the treadmill each day. Please can someone advise how I can kick start the weight loss again.

Thanks for any assistance

25121947.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• erica6732
    erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    first of all are you eating enough calories? if you are not eating enough calories then your body will go into starvation mode and then your body's metabolism will actually slow down. You should be eating your back exercise calories. And after you do that and your still in a plateau try intensifying your workout.maybe increasing the incline or working out longer. you may want to try a different exercise because over time our bodies get used to us doing the same exercise. But i would serioulsy consider your exercise calories first because that is very important to your health. Here is a website that has weight loss tips, workouts, diet meal plans, and all kinds of information. they have a section in the weight loss tips about breaking out of a weight loss plateau. www.nowloss.com it is a website dedicated to make you look good naked
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    First of all, weight loss isn't linear and one week of not losing isn't a plateau, so don't worry about that. You don't need to kickstart anything, just continue what you're doing.

Secondly, make sure you're eating enough, 1310 calories (or under) doesn't sound like very much for a man, especially if you're running two miles a day. Not eating enough could well cause plateaus in the future. If you've only got a stone to lose, a smaller calorie deficit would probably work better for you.